Chapter 44

A/N sorry it's been so slow getting this out and that it's short and probably crappy... Just felt like I needed to get a chapter out

It's not until a few hours later that there's any hint at all that the pastas might be up and by then you're still in the kitchen with a cup of (hot drink) thinking of old memories.

Nina was the first one in the kitchen and even though she didn't want to admit it she found you interesting for some reason. "Y/N?" She asked, confused why you were just standing and staring at the calendar.

You jumped a bit before you shook your head and looked down at her with a slight forced smile. "Hey uh Nina... What's up?"

Nina shrugs as she looks at you, "you were zoning out."

"Oh yeah..." You say as you scratch the back of your neck. "Sorry about that..."

You both stand in silence for a while, unsure of what to say to the other. Eventually you broke it, "Hey do you love Jeff?"

"Jeffy-poo? Of course," Nina was confused by the quote and didn't know how to react.

You nod before zoning out again. Outside the rain grows stronger and you sigh and shake your head.

"Why did you ask?" Nina turns to look at you.

"Hmmm?" You reply as you take another sip of your drink. "I don't know..."

You sigh then put the drink down. "Just, and I'm a complete outsider here so I probably know nothing, but he doesn't seem to like you much..."

Nina flinches and looks at the floor, she doesn't know why she doesn't try to hurt you like she would any of the others if they said what you said.

"Well of course he likes me!" Nina replies but the tone of her voice says otherwise. "He loves me!"

"Ok," You reply simply. "Just to me it doesn't look like a very healthy relationship..."

You turn to look at her, "I don't really want you to get hurt."

Nina reels back as if she'd been hurt and for some reason she couldn't stop a light pink blush to cover her cheeks.

"I don't want any of you guys to get hurt," You add and Nina feels her heart sink for a moment before she realizes and confusion clouds her mind.

You weren't Jeff so why was she blushing? A confused and slightly dazed Nina walks out of the kitchen and back to wherever you came from while you just shrug and continue to watch the rain fall.