Chapter 6

LJ and EJ look at eachother while Sally happily skips towards the kitchen.

'What to make... What to make...' I say to myself as I look through the cabinets. I didn't expect to have anyone over so most of it is just instant noodle.

Behind me I can hear LJ and EJ whispering while Sally helps me look at what we have.

I sigh and grab a box of pasta. "Pasta good with you guys?" I ask the three over my shoulder.

Sally nods happily while EJ looks at me like I just made the most stupid joke ever.

"I'd rather have some candy!" LJ says in response and I look at the monochrome clown before I shrug. Why not. "And EJ doesn't eat... Normal food..."

"Oh?" I question as I look at the two. "So what do you eat?"

EJ looks down at the ground, "... Meat."

Not exactly sure why that would be a problem I shrug, "Well I think I have some bacon in the fridge if you want me to cook it up for you."

EJ looks around awkwardly. "Uh... I... I eat it raw..."

I furrow my brows but honestly things have been so weird lately I don't even care anymore.

"That's cool I guess, I'll get the bacon for you then," I shrug as I go over and grab the package out of the fridge as the tip of EJ's ears turn red.

LJ elbows him as the water for the pasta comes to a boil. I put down the bacon down, throw in the pasta then go looking for candy for LJ.

I only really have f/c (favorite candy) so I pick it up and turn to LJ. "Is f/c good?" I ask as the monochrome clown nods.

I pass the candy over to him and then serve up the rest of the food. As I eat I decide to ask LJ and EJ how many of them are there seeing as they'll probably have a better idea than me. "So how many of you are there exactly?" I say.

EJ and LJ look at eachother as they eat before they shrug. "There are a lot of us," LJ says with a shrug as he pops another candy in his mouth.

"Then how did you guys become like this?" I ask as I try to think of any other questions I might have.

They all stop eating and I wonder if I hit a sore spot. "We were fighting and the person we were fighting used magic to curse us to be like this, probably so it would be easier to get rid of us this way," EJ explains and I just nod.

Magic is probably one of the least crazy things I've heard today. We eat in silence for a while before my phone starts ringing.

I check the caller and groan as I see it's my editor. Great, just great. "Excuse me for a second," I tell them as I click accept on the call and walk into the hall.

"Hello?" I say.

"Ah Y/N, what a surprise, you finally decided to pick up," my editor's voice comes through and I sigh.

"Yeah I know... I've been busy today..." I try.

"Oh really? The girl who's been doing nothing for the past three weeks is busy," Her voice says.

"Yeah I know..." I reply.

There's silence for a moment, "So how are you doing?"

I'm surprised by the question, "what?"

"Jesus girl don't make me repeat myself. I asked how you're doing," She repeats.

"Good I guess... So why did you call?" I say.

"Well for once it's not about work," She answers and I'm surprised, "I wanted to make sure you're not pushing yourself. You have six super successful novels already out, you don't have to rush the next. Take a break, be lazy. Relax. And that's an order ok? I feel like I've been too hard on you lately."

I smile to myself, "Thanks."

"No problem," she replies, "And remember, be lazy."

With that the call ends.