chapter 20

friday

today I was pretty excited for the game. the season has been going well so far we are undefeated. however our game today is against Stanford the defending champions, so it going to be a tough game.the stadium quickly fills for the big anticipated game. as I warm-up with sam, I scan the the bleachers and I quickly find the special blue strands. I saw her and her family in the corner near the exit pretty hidden, most likely trying to keep from getting bombarded with people. I send over a smile and a wave. which is quickly returned from billie. 

"now you really need to do good" sam said snapping me out of my gaze.

"why you say that"

"you need to impress her duh"

omg she right I do need to impress her.

 What of she think I'm bad?

 what if I miss an open shot?

"stop stressing, we need to head off now" she said grabbing the ball jogging off the field. I jog off too and take a seat on the bench and drink some water. the starters go on and the game begin. Stanford get first possess, and they sure do capitalize on it. they do short quick passes trying to find holes through our defense. they do a give and go pass and get a fast break toward our goal but our goalie was able to cut it off before she got the shot off. there has been a lot good passes and shot and saves on both teams but the score still 0-0.  during halftime coach tells us we are evenly match, we don't seem to get a lot of opportunity in the box some every time we are in there we need to shoot.

the second half begin and me and sam start. our teams begin to pass the ball around until it reach sam's feet. I turn and start to jog along side the defend making sure I won't get offside. I signal to sam for her to chip it over the defender head and she did. with the defender back toward the ball I take off running. I quickly get to the ball and as I approach the box and take a shot, the balls spin the left side and the goalie dives and barley her finger tips were able to keep it out. the defender runs to the ball and clears it. I let out a sigh knowing that I should have made it.

"keep your head we got this" sam said.

I jog back toward the game, and the game stays pretty even and the time start to dwindle down. that until our left wing Kayla get the ball and start to runs down the sidelines. I start running for the box waiting for the cross. she cross it and I jump to head it in but feel immediately hit in the back of my head. I fall straight to the ground holding the back of my head in pain while tear start to come to my eyes. 

"Tyler are you alright" I hear faintly. I roll around and open my eyes and see sam and couple of my team huddle around me. I move my hand and thankful to see no blood.

"my head hurts" I said

" I know we saw there a penalty kick, there is not a lot of time left coach want you to take if you can" sam said helping off the ground. I look up at the scoreboard and see there is only 2 mins left. 

"I can do it" I said.

I walk over to the ball and see the goalie already in position. I look toward her feet and see she is leaning more of her weight on her right side. so I line up my shot aim for the left, I shake my head because my head is banging. I ignore the pain in my head and wait for the referee whistle, when she did I run up to the ball and shot the ball with all the power in my foot. the ball cruise the air and reach the top left corner with ease. I hear the stadium erupt in cheers and my teammate run up and hugs me. the game quickly ends after that and we shake hands with the other team and the referees. I head to the locker to shower and I do it as fast as I can so I could see billie. I walk out to the field and look for them. I spot her and see she has her back turned to me so sneak up behind and wrap my arms around her shoulders.

"what's up shorty" I said in her ear

she quickly jumps from the contact, she turns around playful hit me before giving me a hug and says,"don't do that, you were really good by the way"

"thanks, thank you all for coming" I said acknowledge the rest of the family giving each a hug.

"no problem that's last shot was amazing" Finn said.

"yea maybe you can teach one day" billie adding on.

"yea that's would be fun" I said. I look and find a particular pair of eyes on me. I look closes and realize who they were, when I do I took off with a sprint towards them. I run into my dads arms first, then to my mom, finally hugging my siblings.

"you didn't tell me that you were coming" I said shock since it the first time I seen them in person since school started.

"we want to come and surprise you" my mom said

"yea you were good out there" my brother Jaylen said

"thanks little bro" is aid with a smirk

"im taller than you now so you can't say that anymore" he said with confidents

"that's doesn't matter you are still going to be 3 year younger than me" I said with a smirk

"who were you talking to over there" my dad said reference the o'connell family.

"oh there my friends family let me introduce you" I said walking over to the o'connell. 

"hey sorry for running off my family was over there. this is my dad, my mom, and my siblings Jaylen and Taylor." I said point to each who said hello. 

Taylor looks over to billie and something in her 12 year old mind click and says, "omg your Billie Eilish"

"yes I am" billie said

Taylor punches me in the arm and says, " you didn't think it was important to mention you were friends with a celebrity."

"no I didn't" I said

billie rolls her eyes and walks to give my sister a hugs which she grateful gives back. my parents and her are engrossed into their own conversation. while Jaylen talks about producing with Finn since he been interested in that for a while. I take a photo of Taylor and billie for them. after a few minute my mom says, "we need to hit the road to make it home before the traffic".

I walk over to give each one a hug before they leave and say I love you. 

"I love you too.oh and Maggie just text me and we could set up a time we can meet up" my mom said

I turn to billie and say, "it looks like our moms are bestie now"

"yup"

as I walk with billie and family toward their car I put my arm around and bend down and whisper into to her ear, "so when this date your planning". a blush quickly falls on to her face that she tries to cover with her hand

"matter of facts it's tomorrow" she says.

"what should I wear?"

"wear something comfortable" she says as we get to her car. I give her one last hug before turning back towards the dorms.

Not edited

hope you enjoyed

comment and vote

thanks for reading

-A