chapter 23

once sam showed me the article it brought down my mood for the rest of the day. I finished my shower and got dressed and lay down in bed. I curled myself into a ball and went under the covers. sam saw me and came over and held me. I start to feel tears trickledown my face on to the pillow. she tries to calm me down by rubbing the back of my head and my hair

"I don't want to lose her sam" I said through the tears

"its going to be ok, you guys are going to be ok" she said

we stay that for a few hours, until we both fall asleep. well sam, I I tried falling asleep but all I could do is think about billie. throughout of the day I tried texting and calling her but all my attempt reaching out went unanswered. the last text I sent told her I was going to be stopping by  once we get back to L.A to try to discuss the article.

the next morning I wake up still pretty sleepy since I didn't get enough sleep. I pack up my stuff barely able to keep my eyes open. I make my way to the bus and once I sit down I turn my head and try to sleep on the window. it was pretty uncomfortable but it better than nothing. my teammate were talking about random things, they tried to bring me into the conversation but they quickly got the memo that I wasn't myself and left me alone. we make our way through the airport and I get on the plane and we head back to L.A.

back in L.A

once we get close to the school, coach stand up from his seat and says, " tomorrow 6am sharp on the track understand".

"yes coach" ranged through the bus followed by smalls groans knowing that we are going to have a brutal morning. we finally get back to campus, I get off the bus and go straight to my car and make my way to her house. as I drive I try to think what I'm going to talk to her and how I'm going to approach the situation. after 15  minutes I pull up to the house and slowly get out of my car. once I finally get up the stairs I gently knock on the door. after a few seconds Finneas opens the door with a sad smile. 

"Hey Tyler" he said

"hey Finn, um how is she? can I see her?" I said

"she not doing well, she hasn't left her room since yesterday. if there anything you could do you can try" he said

"ok"

and with that I walk into the house and make my way over to her room, once I reach it I tried to knock. however it was followed by silence, I turn the handle and crack the door and see her hair in a mess bun. her back was to the door and the lights was off. 

"finn please go away" she said her voice cracking

"its me" I said softly, her head snapped towards me and I was able to see her face. her face was red and eye blotches you could tell that she has been crying a lot.

"billie" I said walking over once I get to her I wrap my arms around her body and she start to cry again.

"I'm sorry billie" I said while rubbing her back.

"I messed up" she said through the sobs

"you didn't do anything wrong" I said

"I don't know what I was thinking being with you" she said sitting up wiping her tears from her eyes.

"wait i thought you liked me" I said confused on what she is saying

"I'm sorry I can't do this. us. being gay" she said looking me in the eyes. and I that moment I felt my heart broke in a million pieces

"was I just some game to you? some experiment you wanted to try out?" I said slowly getting up from the bed with tears starting to form in my eyes.

"no Tyler, it's not like that" she said trying to grab my hand but I pulled away before she can grab it.

"bye billie" and with that I picked up my bag and walked out of the room. before I made it to the door Finn saw me, he notice the tears and stood up and gave me a hug. at this point I couldn't hold it anymore and I let a few tears fall on his shirt.

"I'm sorry Tyler, she's just worried on what everyone with think" he said while rubbing my back

I shake my head agree, "thanks Finn" I said before walking out of the house and driving back to my dorm.

Not edited

what do you think is going to happen next?

hope you enjoyed

comment and vote

thanks for reading

-A