chapter 36

"come on pick up"  I say slamming my phone down for the fifth time. I tried to call her as she left but she won't pick up. I I stand up and look out the window and see the wind pick up as rain begin to fall.

"you know what fuck it" I pick a hoodie and put on my shoes, I grab my things and head to my car. she need to hear what I have to say. I head to my car, I start it and pull out of my spot and head towards her car. as I drive I see the rain pick up heavily, very unusual for California. the drainage in the street doesn't seem to be working fast enough as I see the street to flood.the flooding seem to increase faster as it grows in inches. I turn into her neighbor my wheel seem to stop in a deep mud hole. I try to drive fast through the it trying tog et it out but it wouldn't budge

"fuck" I say as I get out of my car and put my hoodie on as the rain viciously pours down. I inspect the wheel and it really lodge in the hole. the only way I would have to get out is when the rain stops and it looks like it won't in a while. I go back into the car and look up at the walking distance to her house. it says it will take about 20 minutes, I groan and grab my belongs and lock my car beginning my walk to her house. it seem as I walk the temperature is dropping in the rain. I shiver as the cold rain soak my hoodie. I finally make it to her house and see only her car is outside. I slowly walk up to her door with the little energy I have left. I knock on her door and stand there shaking waiting for a response. I hear nothing from the other side and I try with all my strength to knock harder but still to no avail get a response. I take out my phone and thought the raindrops I dial her number but she still doesn't reply. I sent her a text saying that I'm outside and wanting to talk but she just left me on read.

"please billie open the door" I said cough probably from the rain. I turn around and lean against the door trying to get the weight off my feet. I plead one last time saying, "billie please it freezing other I'm going to get hypothermia please can you just open the door".

before I know it the door open with me still leaning on it. I fall into the house with no strength to help myself up

"omg Tyler" billie says closing the door rushing to my side as a shiver on the ground. she grabs my hand and she feels how cold they got. I start to cough up a storm while she tries to comfort me.

"I'm so sorry I was just being stubborn I should have went to the door. please tell me what to do" she says with teat in her eyes

"can I take a warm shower please" I saying gaining energy and finally getting up into a seating positions.

"yea yea let me help you up" she said getting up reach for my arm pulling me up. she let me put her weight on her as we slowly make it to her bathroom. she sits me on the toilet while she runs and gets me a fresh pair of clothes. she comes back and places it on the counter I mutter on thank you with my head in my hands wiping the rainwater from my face.

"no problem, um i'll be in my room come in when your ready" she said with her head down the whole time before walking out into my room. I strip down and head into the shower, the hot water felts so good trying to bring up my body temperature. after about 30 minutes I get out and change into the clothes she got for me. I grab my wet clothes and head into her room. when I walk in I see her on her bed just looking at the wall. when she hear me enter her head snaps in my direction. 

"hears gives me those ill put them in the wash" she said refer to my now drench clothes. she takes them and goes to wash them while I sit on her bed waiting for her to come back. when she does she take the seat next to me as the awkwardness fills the air. billie the first one to speak she she reaches for a dresser pulling a mug and says, " umm thought you might want some tea to warm you up. I remember you saying you don't like honey so I just added lemon. I hope it still warm."

"thanks" I said grabbing the mug bringing it to my lips before sitting back on the dresser.

"I'm sorry I looked outside and I didn't see your car there and it was rain pretty hard. how did you get here" she said turning to me with her face full of concern.

"well after to you left I tried to call you but you weren't picking up the phone. so I got in the car and decided to drive over here. on the way it start to rain really hard and when I turned a corner one of my wheels got stuck in a mud hole. there was no getting it out until the storm stops. so I grab my thing locked the car and had tow all the rest of 5 miles in the rain" I said

"omg Tyler I'm really sorry you had to do that. I would never want that to happen to you" she said bring me into a tight hug which took me a second to comply.

"its ok I'm starting to feel better now" I said rubbing my hand together still trying to get them warm.

she turns her body towards me putting her hands over mine before saying, "Tyler I was thinking a lot of what you said on the drive home and while I was here. and you were right, I go away a lot and you never complain about me going." taking a break to see my reaction

I take the chance to say, "I should have not yelled at you like that I was just in the moment and frustrated."

"you have every right to be, it just I'm..." she said trailing off at the end

"what did you say"

"I'm just scared to lose you ok. I'm scared that I finally have something happy and good at home that I really like and I don't want to lose that. I'm scared that you might find some hot soccer girl while your there and just be with her because you have so many common interest. Tyler your one of the best things that happened in my life and I've been feeling really good. Im scared that when you go that good feeling is going to go with it too." she finished with teat rolling down her cheek

I bring her into my arms and say, "billie you aren't going to lose me when I'm away. it might be hard but ill text and call everyday."

"promise?" she says sniffling

"I promise, also the thought of leaving you has never crossed my mid. your the only I'm interested in ok"

"ok" she says pulling em into a kiss. after she pulls away she grabs her laptop to continue the movie we were watching over at the dorm. we go under the covers for my comfort and she cuddles into side while I wrap my arm around her. 

"do you want some popcorn?" she says asking me.

"sure" I said. we both get up and head to the kitchen. she went to the cabinet and grab the packet and put it in the microwave. I lean against the counter admiring her features. she turns to me and catches me staring but I don't look away. "what" she says with a laugh

"nothing your just really pretty" I say smiling. her cheek turn a dark shade a red and she puts her head trying to cover it. I walk over to her wrapping my arms around her waist pulling her towards me. "I didn't get a chance to ask early today. but my family wants to have a dinner to celebrate the championship and since you only got to meet them once I wanted to know if you want to come?"

"yea of course" she said turning around looking up at me. she goes on her tippy toes leaning up for a kiss. I move down and before our lips touch we hear a dings signal the popcorns done. she lets out a groan reluctantly letting go to grab it. I hold out my hand for her to grab it and we walk back to her room to finish the movie.

might start a new fanfic about billie with texting the wrong number but ill still continue this one

see a little fight but they make up

Not edited

hope you enjoyed

comment and vote

thanks for reading

-A