Ch.7: Goodbye and another Reunion

Chapter 7: Goodbye and another Reunion

Is this how it felt? To be taken away from something that you truly desire? Did it feel as if your soul was grieving to the point of where you wanted to cry? To be snatched away from him the moment he knew, was definitely cruel. But what could I expect from the famous Madara Uchiha. Heartless was his middle name.

The tears kept coming, and I was clueless on how to stop them. The memory of him figuring out who I was kept flashing in my mind, taunting me in many ways. All I wanted to do was escape his clutches and run back to Sasuke. My Sasuke. I struggled against Madara’s grasp on me; however my efforts were futile, knowing that he was stronger than me.

“You’re weak,” he scoffed from behind me, “The proclamation you made to that boy was a weakness of yours. Love is a weakness, and that will be your downfall.” My fists unconsciously clenched at his words.

“See how you were taken away from him so easily?” he taunted, “You might never see him again. Can you let him go?”

No… I couldn’t. However much I tried, I would never let him go. Madara might say that love is a weakness, but for me, it might motivate me even more to finish whatever the task Pein wants me to do, and quickly go back to him.

Swallowing my moment of grief and pain, I spoke, “Where are we going?” Madara came to a halt in the middle of a random forest clearing; it was strange, why did he want me to come here? My question was answered when a dark silhouette stepped forward out of the shadows.

“Itachi?” I gasped, “What are you doing here?” I turned to look back at Madara and once again back at Itachi. “What’s going on?”

“Leave us,” Itachi narrowed his eyes at Madara, “I wish to speak with her alone.” Madara scoffed, “Yes yes, of course. Why shouldn’t I leave? After all this is the last time she’ll see you.” He spitefully chuckled.

… 

My eyes widened as I heard his words, “What the hell is he talking about Itachi?” I demanded my answers. Madara’s laughs echoed around the forest before disappearing completely with himself.

Itachi’s hard gaze looked at me but then softened just a bit. He calmly breathed out of his nose, “It’s time, Naomi.” In my moment of confusion, I didn’t know what he was talking about.

“Time for what?” I questioned. It was frustrating to see him so serious. Well actually he was pretty serious and blank faced most of the time, however he did show his softer side, but this time… this time was the first time I had seen him like this.

To make things dramatic, I would play the video on the side now!^^ To get more feeellzzzzz :)

He didn’t say anything; the look in his lonesome eyes said it all. The flash of glint they had revealed a world of darkness and grief even though he would try to hide it behind a fake façade, showing that everything was okay. His eyes showed it all. The beautiful, midnight colored eyes that mourned with despair and looked at me with pity.

I swallowed the pit of nervousness that was caught between my throat, “You’re scaring me, Itachi,” I quietly whimpered as his look wanted to make me shed tears. The branches under his feet crunched with noise as he strode over to me. Itachi’s hand came around the back of my head and pushed my forehead against his.

I could feel his warm, yet affectionate touch as his temples provided a sense of protection. I closed my eyes and relished the peace as I could feel his cool minty breath on my nose. “Gomen ne, Naomi.” He whispered, “But it’s time I must fight Sasuke.”