Ch.12: Invasion of Konoha III

Chapter 12: Invasion of Konoha III

There are two types of pain in this world.

Pain that hurts you…

and

Pain that changes you…

It’s your choice of which pain you decide to embrace.

It was painfully peaceful, so sickeningly to the point where nothing mattered. All she could see was pure darkness blacker than the night. She didn’t want this; she didn’t want to feel absolutely nothing. She wanted her senses back wanting to feel touch, to taste, to feel her emotions…

And her wish was granted. A bright white light enveloped her entire body and brought her to the place where she most wanted to go. To a place where she felt at peace.

 …

Naomi opened her eyes to see herself slowly walking out of the darkness and into a beautiful scenery. She had to hold in her gasp as her wide eyes scanned the entire place; there was no such place like this in the shinobi world. There were small puffs of clouds floating in the air and creating a foggy feeling of a misty morning. She assumed that she was high above the ground as the large steep mountains came into view.

Naomi couldn’t help but smile gleefully as she heard the sound of many waterfalls relaxing her inner soul. Holding out her arms, she twirled around to see an exquisite temple looking over the entire field with its glory. 

Her smile immediately dropped, realizing where she was. No… No, I can’t be dead! Her frantic eyes searched for a way out. There were no openings or closings. Naomi could feel the small tears lining her eyes thinking that she will never be able to see her loved ones again. She would never see Sasuke, Itachi, her Jii-san… or anyone!

Naruto… she gasped as her memories served her back to remembering that he still needs her help. “No… no! Let me out of here!” she screamed as she fell to her knees smacking her fists on the grass, “Let me go! I still have so much to do! P-Please I shouldn’t be dead yet!” her body rocked with sobs.

“This place is torture! Release me from here!” she shook her head, “I-I can’t… I can’t j-just leave everything behind… this is hell!”

~~

“Now… you really don’t think that do you, Naomi?” a soft voice broke Naomi out of her fit as she snapped her head to the person behind her. She could feel her dead heart beat pick up as the shock struck through her eyes.

No… this was impossible. No… But she was right in front of her eyes; it wasn’t a dream.

But it was a reality.

“O-Okaa-san?” her whisper was so quiet, yet the person standing in front of her smiled warmly in response.

Eerie chakra filled the air sending frightful shivers down the backs of the onlookers. Before it was quiet and soundless as the battle was continuing on, but in mere seconds everything had changed. All it took was one final stab to send Naruto’s mind to oblivion.

The boy had gotten out of control before, many times in fact. However, it was never to this extent. The fact that four tails had sprouted so suddenly justified just how dangerous the situation was.

From afar on a small cliff, Sakura watched in horror as the Hyuga member beside her informed of what was happening. Fear became tangible, a living force that crept over her like some hungry beast. But it truly was a beast that was causing this mass destruction.