Ch.10: Invasion of Konoha I

Chapter 10: Invasion of Konoha I

Betrayal… doesn’t only break your heart… but also darkens your soul. You’ll never forget the pain, like a fog that forever lingers in the depths of your mind.

The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies. Konoha was once a village that was loved from the bottom of her heart… and now? It was going to get its karma for doing all the harm. Call her a bitch, call her selfish… but humans were selfish creatures with desires already built in their systems.

And she was human.

Location: Konoha

Pein and Naomi stood in the small forest clearing in front of the large, red village gates. As they did, Konan and the rest of the Paths arrived next to them awaiting orders.

“From here on out, this group will be split into two teams,” Pein explained, “Konan you will go with the three paths as the hunt team, Naomi you will come with me. Since this was your village, what are the ways in?”

Naomi narrowed her eyes as she looked at the wall, “The village has a barrier surrounding it completely from the underground and from above as well. Whoever enters without permission will be immediately detected,” she informed.

“Interesting. As planned, we shall launch Chikushōdō, the Animal Path, to the skies above the village. We will confuse the enemy by not giving them an accurate count. We will for the Path’s summoning inside.” Pein explained to each of them.

“I was told that Itachi and Kisame had gotten in easily,” Konan wondered.

Naomi nodded, “That’s because Itachi was in the ANBU Black Ops. He knew the jutsu to get into the barrier; I was not in ANBU for that long to find out the different barrier techniques.” She told them.

“Indeed. I, however, have another way,” Pein smirked, “The world shall now know pain.” He said as he launched his Animal Path to the barrier.  The new Path formed her hand signs as she hit the invisible wall.

“W-What the…” A shinobi, part of Konoha’s Barrier Team, muttered as he sensed an unusual chakra hitting the walls, “There’s an intruder.” He informed, making the Detection Team, which included Kotetsu and Izumo with other ninjas, gasp in surprise.

“There’s just a single target; West gate, sector 1B.”

As soon as the Animal Path landed on one of the roofs of a building, she summoned the other Paths, including Pein and Naomi. “Scatter,” Pein muttered, and everyone flashed away to their positions.

Different styles of attacks were launched by all the different Paths. Naomi could see the bombs exploding, gigantic beetles destroying the large buildings, while the other Paths searched different shinobi minds to find the whereabouts of Naruto Uzumaki.

As Naomi stood on one of the roofs, with her Akatsuki cloak blowing in the wind, a number of shinobi surrounded her in an instant. “You’re the Akatsuki,” one of the men growled, “You are completely surrounded.” He nodded towards the back group to begin their attack.

Naomi remained still as the men came more nearer, at the last moment, two chakra rods dropped from within her long cloak sleeves and into her hands; at that instant, she immediately stabbed the incoming shinobi, killing them in seconds.

Her Sharingan flashed on instinctively making the other’s gasp in surprise. “A-An Uchiha?!” one of them exclaimed. Naomi smirked before taking out her long katana and channeled Chidori onto it, then began slashing and swiping all of them as if they were tree branches in the forest.