Ch.15: The Uchiha's vs. Danzo

Chapter 15: The Uchiha’s vs. Danzo

Meeting him was fate, becoming his friend was a choice, but falling in love with him… was beyond her control.

People always asked her what she saw in a criminal like him. What in the world did she see to fall in love with a revenge filled man who only saw darkness?

She simply told them that they didn’t see Sasuke how her eyes saw them. They didn’t see the young boy who was still not over the death of his family. They didn’t see his lonesome eyes every time he passed by a parent playing with their child on the streets. They didn’t see his heart aching for love. They didn’t see that all this boy wanted, was someone to understand him. All he wanted was someone to take care of him… and love him.

She told them that’s what she saw, and it made her fall deeper without even realizing it. It made her want to dry every single tear and put together the cracks that formed in his heat. She would do anything for the one she loved immensely to smile again, even if it was just once. She would do anything to purge the pain and grief in his heart.

Anything.

His beautiful yet mesmerizing eyes blatantly glared at Danzo, filling up with hate that could be described as dark and stormy. They were brimming with revenge as his eyes analyzed the man in front of them. But as they turned towards her… it felt as if her whole world stopped, as cliché as it may sound.

Naomi could only hear heart beating wildly against her as the vibrations of Sasuke’s heart ached against her palm, which was placed against his chest, both of them pounding in sync. Her voice was caught in her dry throat and all she could produce was a small whisper, “…Sasuke?”

Although his eyes were narrowed, they weren’t specifically towards her; it was narrowed with frustration, anger, and relief. But anger dominated most of his emotions as he shifted his eyes back to Danzo. While doing that, he unconsciously tightened his arms around her burying Naomi’s face into part of his neck and hair.

Naomi could feel herself trembling, being afraid for the first time in a while, as her arms wrapped around his neck. Her nose gently grazed his neck as she inhaled his natural mint scent that had a small hint of the smell of burning fire, intoxicating her to the core. Her lips quivered as she placed a small butterfly kiss on the hollows of his shoulders. To say that she missed him was an understatement; to be away from him felt like someone was stretching her soul in all directions, trying to break her.

She felt Sasuke’s thumb gently grazing the back of her neck, sending shivers down her spine. Naomi missed the deathly glare that he sent Danzo for even thinking of hurting her. She didn’t notice his own heart also aching, afraid that if he let her go, she would disappear off this world again, leaving him all alone.

Sasuke was absolutely furious not only at the man standing in front of him, but also at himself for not coming earlier. Feeling her shaking under his arms was the first time he had seen her truly afraid… and that also scared him even if he might not show it.

He felt Naomi slightly pull back and hold his face as she gazed at him, her face inches from his. He could feel the small strokes of her soft fingers running down his cheeks and lips. Instinctively his eyes fluttered closed as he exhaled a small sigh of relief.

“T-Thank you…” she whispered as a tear dropped down her cheek, “Thank you for saving me.” Sasuke calmly shook his head and placed his forehead on hers, “Baka,” he lowly muttered, “What were you thinking fighting him alone?”