Proposal

Ch.6

Botany was supposed to be relatively tolerable. You had Sohyun in class with you as well as Beomseok. He could be entertaining at times. Hell, even his chicken who you refuse to call by his real name was great. Botany really had its moments to shine to the point where you could actually like it. That didn't seem to be the case anymore. You weren't so sure you would like the class the second you saw Taehyung inside it. He came walking in wearing clothes that again weren't appropriate for the weather or place. He stared at everyone as if they were bugs but lived for the attention all the girls in your class gave him. That only confirmed your disliking towards him.

Unfortunately for you, Sohyun had a crush. It was a deep one. As soon as you came back to the dorm after hanging out with Namjoon, she was quick to ask you questions about Taehyung. Stuff you wouldn't even know! You did your best to be kind, but you need to squash this crush immediately. You didn't want it to last one bit. It's only going to end with Sohyun getting hurt. You just know it. Sohyun's eyes were glued to Taehyung the minute he walked in. So many heads turned to stare at him as he walked to take a seat. There was no reason for him to pretend the world was his runway, but there he was. At this point, everything he did irked you.

Sohyun probably wouldn't listen to you about ignoring Taehyung if you had no reason. Except you did! She wasn't aware of the things he said to you. Everything that came out of his mouth was just plain awful to hear. Braincells died when you saw he was serious and genuinely believed that would swoop you off your feet. You still rolled your eyes thinking about it. Sohyun should be looking into men who are kind and respect women. Beomseok for example! He's always respectful towards her and is hardworking. You know d*mn well that he'll treat Sohyun like she's his world compared to this guy who literally thinks the world revolves around him.

And as if Taehyung's entrance didn't catch enough attention, you felt frustrated by him the entire class. He kept asking the people around him what was going on. Maybe if he showed up the first couple classes, he'd be fine. You genuinely don't know how he got into the university. He seemed to know nothing about plants and looked lost on every aspect of school. He walked into class with no notebook, pencil, or even a laptop to take notes on. Nothing! Your eye was twitching from how much of a ruckus he was causing in the back. Professor Hak looked annoyed but tolerated it. Why!? So many girls were insisting on helping Taehyung out so he wouldn't have to do any of the work.

No good! He's no good! You almost broke your pencil from how hard you were gripping it. Professor Hak saved your pencil by the time he announced that class was over. He shouted reminders of his office hours as students packed up. Sighing heavily to yourself, you looked at Sohyun who was putting away her mechanical pencils. She was humming in her seat until she noticed the look you were giving her. She was already familiar with it, knowing you were going to warn her of something. You were always looking after her. It just couldn't be helped.

"Sohyun, I just want to make one thing clear," You started as she stared at you quietly. "I'm saying this for your own good. Taehyung is no good. Stay away from him."

"What? Why?" Sohyun's brows jumped, leaning closer to you. "But he has no friends, (F/n)! You barely know him too."

"Just from the short conversation I had with him, trust me, I know him. I know exactly the type of guy he is and I don't want you anywhere near him." You remained stern. Standing up, you put your bag on your shoulder as Sohyun hurried to stand up with you.

"Don't you think you're judging him too quickly?" Sohyun frowned. "Come on, (F/n). You never trust anybody."

"That's not true. Beomseok is a good guy." You crossed your arms, ready to turn around and walk out of class. Sohyun clearly wasn't happy with any of the things you were saying. You're sure it was hard for her to hear, but you had to put an end to her crush immediately. The only problem was that Sohyun was putting up more of a fight than you anticipated. She really didn't want to drop Taehyung for any reason which bugged you. "Sohyun, he's superficial. You don't need that in your life. End of discussion." You started making your way out of the classroom with Sohyun following right behind.