|| Author's Note ||

A/N

The end of Serenity has actually come. Wow. What a ride this has been. There is so much that I have to freaking say about Serenity and about myself with writing this story so this is going to be a long author's note. I hope that you guys read it all since it's important to me, but I understand if you're not interested ;;w;; though you just read a story over 400k words so...just a little more?

In total, Serenity is 485k+ words including the bonus endings! My longest fic ever. It beat Era a long while ago. Era was at 388k words but Serenity took over the spot and I know dang well that I most likely won't ever write another story as long as Serenity. There was just so much world building and backstory involved with this one that the word count couldn't be helped. I know not everyone likes long stories but I've worked hard to develop this style that I have and I've always dreamed of writing novel length stories like this. I'm completing my dream!

Ever since writing Passion, I felt the urge to go after my dreams harder than before. As tough as it may be, I'm willing to do what I can. So with writing, I set up a ko-fi which two people have already donated to me. My friend Onnie was the first person to donate when I first announced it and I literally cried. She really gave me such a push by giving me her hard earned money. It meant the world to me that she believed in me so much to give me even three dollars. Onnie is an amazing person for multiple reasons. I mentioned her in my Dynasty author's note for anyone who read that story and she appears here too! Mainly because of how helpful she was with this story. Seriously, without her I wouldn't have written such an important part of the story accurately. Y'all know that I do my research and take it seriously. When I wanted to write Sohyun doing tarot, I wanted to make sure I didn't mess it up. One thing I know is that my writing is read by many people and by anyone. The last thing I want to do is misrepresent something and especially something like this which might be super misunderstood as is. I should be responsible with what I write. Plus I want to look back at this story and be proud of it instead of having regrets. That being said, I did heavy research on tarot by taking notes, watching videos Onnie sent me, and asking her multiple questions. She was patient with me and helped me set up the tarot readings that you guys all read. I tried to pitch in once with cards I thought fit, but ultimately Onnie is the expert. She introduced me to something so amazing and intriguing. I'm grateful that she helped me! So here is a message from Onnie because I wanted her to receive the proper recognition she deserves!!

 I'm grateful that she helped me! So here is a message from Onnie because I wanted her to receive the proper recognition she deserves!!

Y'all see that instagram shout out? That's right. Follow her! Hehe also uwu she censored her swear for me. I appreciate that a lot and when you guys do it in the comments too, it's cute. I'm very grateful every time!

Speaking of instagram, I do have to plug in my own with _dina_soar. You'll get more frequent updates there from me. Plus, I have a groupchat there that I want to talk about. It's a very loving and understanding place as it is equally chaotic and filled with crackhead energy. I want to start with the loving and understanding aspect. It's such a safe place where people talk to each other, but also it became a place where even I could admit my own feelings to my readers who became my friends. I don't really talk to you guys often which I want to change. I leave my author's note until the very end so our interactions are limited to comments. You guys don't always know what's going on with me or how I'm feeling. They've seen how negative comments do affect me. They're able to help me brush them off faster which I'm so grateful for. They have also helped me gain confidence! I was able to defend myself whenever a comment made me feel uncomfortable or clear up misunderstandings. They gave me strength and they also gave me memes. Lots of them. So I'm about to show you all the ones they made about Serenity lmaooo it's all because of the memes my best friend and I made. I'll show you ours later. Here's the memes the groupchat made as well as screenshots of the chat to show just how strange it can get. (smh for wattpad ruining the quality tho)