Persistence

[Moon Beomseok (played by Nam Joohyuk)]

Ch.51

Waking up these days has been a new experience. An interesting one though not a welcomed one. It takes you longer to force your eyes to open or to even get your body to move. With how foggy your mind is with sleep, you complain out loud and question why Sohyun didn't bother waking you up. How come her alarm didn't disturb you the first time? It's an occurrence that happens too often that you follow it out of habit. It's only when you're greeted with silence that you properly wake up. It's colder in the room as shiver run down your spine. The realization hits you like a bucket of cold water every single morning that it's almost torture. You're reminded that your sister was taken away from you. She's not on Earth anymore.

Being drenched with reality was never a fun thing. Emotions felt fresh every time until you eventually tell yourself not to mope around. There's no time for that. It's time for action! Which even then was currently on hold until you guys receive news back from the King of Mercury. Namjoon's dad is supposed to contact the others and relay the battle plans all of you came up with as well as catch them up on what's going on. They should be aware now that the eight of you were friends. If you could even call it that. It was still a complicated situation, but either way you knew they had to be shocked if they themselves couldn't get along with the other Kings.

Hopefully they don't oppose the plans. Only if they come up with something better than you were willing to listen. If it's just the Kings not wanting to work together then you will personally speak with them. You were tired of this 'not getting along' business. It was just an excuse. It was an excuse for so long that prevented them from doing their actual job. Now was the time for them to clean up their acts because this has gone on for more than it should have. Time was limited with how much of it they wasted. Time wasn't a free resource that they could just take advantage of. That was something that was clear to the eight of you. You hoped that at least.

There were so many things at stake that you doubted they weren't getting the hint already. They came to Earth to find you and bring peace. Maybe they were taking a different approach from what they intended, but the goal was the same. Peace. They had the memories of their home planet, relationships, and responsibilities weighing on them to make sure they performed their job without distractions. You didn't quite have the same motivation. While your childhood memories returned, they weren't enough to compare to what the boys had living on their planets all their lives. What you relied was not only knowing Plutonian people had lives of their own to continue, but you were doing this for your future. You were doing it so Sohyun could have a future. Because you knew the difference between right and wrong.

You were more than ready to take down your biological Mother. She probably did love and care for you. But none of that really mattered. It didn't apply now with her dreams going too far. What Father wanted was unreasonable. No amount of motherly love would ever make you condone what she was doing. It had to be put to an end even if it meant making yourself an orphan. Your parents down here would forget you and you would disown your biological mother. You may not have a family by the end of this, but you had the boys. They would be your family along with the Plutonian people you wanted to protect. Then maybe down the line you would make your own family.

You were fighting for a future! You were feeling fired up and determined to do it all! After the sad realization that Sohyun was gone, you would always give yourself a little internal monologue about how you're going to restore harmony to the planets. It usually did the trick to get you out of your bed. Now you were no longer in your pajamas. You were ready to leave your dorm to completely seize the day! Grabbing the doorknob, you opened it wide to take a step out only to see Beomseok standing in front of your door. He had his hand up in a fist to knock until you opened the door. His eyes were wide from surprise, but he quickly looked miserable to you.