Dreams

(A/n: shookcookie made me a song for my story <3 please play it as you read the story.  Like the video and show them love!)

Ch.13

Stretching your limbs, you woke up in your room. You didn't have to open your eyes yet for you to know that. The feeling alone let you know that you were home. Safe. Turning over on your side with half of your face smushed against the pillow, your eyes lazily opened to see a room you haven't seen in a while. It was yours though. How did you know that? Carefully sitting up now, you felt a wave of confusion hit you. The room was circular and filled with many childish decorations that you would have outgrown by now. You were no longer in elementary school so how come your room looked like this? Pushing your blankets off, you stepped onto the ground as you planned to explore.

The floor was made out of a stone you've never seen before. It was cold against your bare feet. That's when you finally took into account what you were wearing. Raising your head up, you met eyes with yourself in the mirror. It almost looked like you were a young child again. There were differences though. Even as you were a flowy night gown that stuck to the grey monochromatic theme of your room. Nothing in this entire room had a single pattern to it. Plain colors that matched with each other. It felt like a muted memory. You couldn't hear a single thing. Not even your own breathing. Strange.

Walking towards the large doors, you opened them to peek your head out. The place was starting to feel more familiar the further you stepped out. You've been here before, haven't you? It was too hard to truly recall anything. You looked all around as you processed your surroundings. It wasn't until you heard the sound of a whistle that you stopped distracting yourself with interior design. It was the first sound you could hear. Your feet moved on their own as they eventually began to run. They carried you over to a balcony where a tall woman stood, facing out in a black dress. The whistle was growing louder as you came closer. She never turned around or said anything yet you could feel it.

Mother.

*~*

Suddenly you woke up in harsh gasps. Your eyes opened instantly, your lungs burning as if you had been holding your breath for far too long. Sitting up in panic, you coughed and allowed yourself to relax. Air filled your lungs once more as you processed everything. It was just a dream. A certain type of dream that you haven't had in a while. Bringing a hand up to your forehead, you winced to feel how damp your skin was. It's not like those dreams were scary. They felt relatively calm. Too calm. Something about it had you pulled in so deep that you didn't ever want to leave the longer you stayed in them. They were extremely realistic to the point where you could register smells. Feeling the walls of the palace or even the floor underneath your bare feet was intense. It was always hard to believe that they were dreams even as you came out of them.

Turning in your bed, you looked over to your phone to turn it on. It was still six in the morning. Not too early, but earlier than you wanted to be awake. A sigh left you as your eyes wandered over to Sohyun. She was sleeping soundly in her bed. Her hair messy and her pajamas the cute chicken themed one. All you had was an oversized dark grey shirt and black short shorts. You might as well get changed for the day. There was no way you were going to go back to sleep after that dream. It always left you feeling weird. That dream wanted you to go back to sleep just so you could get lost in it. Sohyun once had trouble waking you up out of it. She was so scared, near tears as she told you it looked like you were in a coma. Where did your soul go off to? She asked, frightened and those words always stuck with you. Where did you go off to?

You brought your legs off the bed, ready to stand up when your felt something hard underneath your feet. What the hell? You raised your leg to see your amethyst had managed to fall onto the floor. Maybe this was the reason you didn't get the sleep you were hoping for. Grabbing the stone, you placed it under your pillow as always. From there you decided to head to the bath area inside the dorm building. You cleaned yourself up, washing off the sweat that you managed to get from the dream in hopes of forgetting it and starting the day off right. You eventually returned back to your dorm dressed for the day just as Sohyun was waking up to see you ready.