Lost in Loneliness

Ch.49

The Sun was starting to appear on the meadowy lands of Venus. It had just finished an entire day of darkness, today being their first day of Sun in a long time. Over three hundred days in the dark could be maddening almost as much as in the light. The Venusian people were used to it though. They had their life perfectly adjusted to the way Venus worked. But this all appeared so new to you. It was the first time you had ever left Pluto. Your parents brought you along after you persisted for so long. You didn't want to be left alone in the palace. The protectors were fun and all, but the skeletons couldn't speak. That's what made playing games with them no fun. They should at least take you too!

So they did, but you were left outside. Father and Mother Pluto were handling business inside the palace while you were left to play in the grass. Venus looked entirely different from Pluto. Everything looked alive here! It really had you in awe as you admired the pond and a giant tree that was swaying. What you learned quick here on Venus was that their protectors were basically trees. They could unroot themselves if they wanted with the few you have seen walking around. This one seemed to be dancing with the Venusian fluffy butterflies. It easily entertained you seeing as you were only five years old. You recently turned it so that was exciting.

Lots of exciting things haven been happening lately. Mother was promising that you would be gaining more friends soon. You sure hope so. All you needed to be was patient according her. Father had big plans to make the other planets Plutonian friendly. That's as much as they dived into it. Well, whatever they had planned you were looking forward to it. Right now they were discussing a possible alliance with the only other planet that held no ties. Father said he would try to get you a friend due to the Prince of Venus being only a year older than you. Though he did also tell you that if they really needed to, you would end up having a fiancé after this. Whatever that meant. You didn't really care to listen much to the conversation about 'alliances' your parents were having.

All you cared about was getting the friend your mother promised. Maybe one day? Dipping your fingers into the pink tinted pond, you smiled. Venus was so much more colorful than Pluto. Your own clothes proved it with the grey dress you wore. If it were pink too...that sounded nice. You were humming to yourself, completely unaware that you were being watched by someone. They were confused to see you at their favorite spot. What were you doing in the courtyard of the Venusian palace? What startled them more was that a protector was right across from you but left you untouched. Did that mean you weren't an enemy? You were in a fancy dress after all...

"Who are you?" The boy spoke causing you to lift your head up. Taking your hand out of the water, you stood up immediately. It felt like you had been caught despite doing nothing bad. At least you don't think you were.

"Who are you?" You narrowed your eyes on him. The boy had bright red hair and wore a pink suit. He was too well dressed to be a commoner. Plus you were in the Venusian palace.

"I asked you first!" The boy shouted as you huffed. Performing a little curtsy, you didn't bother smiling at him.

"Princess of Pluto. I'm Ji (F/n)," You said as he tilted his head curiously. "And you?"

"Prince of Venus. Kim Taehyung." He bowed lightly. That made sense. "What are you doing on Venus?"

"My parents are here talking to your parents." You shrugged. Other than that, you really didn't know what to tell him. Taehyung nodded his head softly as stared at you. He's never really met another heir before. This was a first. He eyed you from top to bottom, the first thing to pop in his head was how boring your colors were. Why not pink? "What are you staring at?" You crossed your arms, making him remember that he wasn't free to disappear into his thoughts so suddenly.