Moments

Ch.62

The Kings made their stance of fighting in the war clear. They weren't going to get too involved. At most, they would make decisions involving their military. That was it for them. While that was good enough for them, the rest of you felt the need to do more. The eight of you could do more. You all have powers and they could be of good use. All of you knew that you could help so you wanted to try. There was no giving up without trying first. So even if the Kings came to warn you guys and say 'no' to your plan, the eight of you just ignored them. They weren't going to stop you guys from entering Pluto to finish this war once and for all. Soon you'll be facing your Mother again. Hopefully for the last time.

You weren't sure what would go down when it came to finally meeting with your Mother. You told the boys how Pluto looked to the best of your abilities. The terrain, the layout of the palace, but you didn't know everything. You've only been there a handful of times. If you grew up there then you would know it like the back of your hand. You're sure you would. But if you grew up there, would you still be as close with the boys as you are now? Would you even be on their side? The idea of siding with your Mother was terrifying. If you grew up on Pluto, you wouldn't know anything else. All you would know was that Pluto was wronged and that Mother wanted to avenge her husband's death. You would probably want to avenge your father's death too.

It was still disappointing to know that your Mother was fighting for this side. Making all the planets go under Plutonian rule wouldn't solve anything. It wouldn't bring her dead husband back. It wouldn't keep everyone safe. And it would never heal the pain she felt. It just wouldn't. You wanted to be like Sohyun and be hopeful that she could still heal and move on, but...you don't think that's possible. Mother's heart has grown too cold and dark with only little room for love. Which is why things have to led to this. With Namjoon entering your mind to get a view of Pluto, forming a strategy, and preparing for tomorrow's secret invasion of your home planet.

"I never got a full tour of the palace..." You mumbled as Namjoon nodded.

"It's okay. We'll work with what we got." Namjoon kept his eyes on you. He occasionally described the layout in further detail, Seokjin and Jungkook drawing it out on a large piece of paper.

"And how many floors are there?" Jungkook asked.

"Uh..." You felt embarrassed with all their attention on you. Seokjin smiled softly, waving his hand.

"It's alright. What you know is helping already." Seokjin assured you. That was a relief.

At least the boys never put too much pressure on you. That was something you were extremely grateful for. They spread it out evenly and even took a part of the blame. They felt guilt with you and the shame. They felt the same motivation and determination that you did. The eight of you were constantly on the same wavelength with one another. An aspect of the friendship they never expected. With so much riding on the eight of you, having to work together, and be together, it was only natural that you guys began to get closer. Any awkward tension or simple misunderstandings were becoming things of the past. You were all beginning to understand each other better than before.

The other day was a good example of it. Taehyung had been painting Yoongi's nails black. It was the only color he agreed on. Jungkook watched his hyung excitedly since his own nails were black. The paint didn't cover his entire nail like it used to, but they would still be matching. Seokjin had been doing a sparkly purple though he was making a mess. Jimin had to step in to help. Hoseok and Namjoon declined painting their nails for the sake of not ruining them due to the war. They'll get them done with you after. Taehyung made them promise on it. That was yesterday which was fun, but now it was back to business.