New Life

Ch.22

Somehow you managed to fall asleep again and you were lucky that you didn't fall back into another dream back at the palace. That would happen in the past, but you were left alone to rest. That's what you wanted in the first place anyway. Natural sleep took over with no unwanted dreams. By the time you were waking up, it was due to your alarm clock that was previously set. Sohyun's own alarm was ringing with yours as the two of you responded differently to being woken up.

Groaning at the obnoxious sound, you tossed and turned in your bed. You wished for the noise to stop since it only felt like it was growing louder. You covered your head with your pillow even though that didn't really help turn the sound off. Sohyun jumped awake the moment the sound came on. With her eyes barely open, she instantly shut off her alarm and got out from bed. That was someone who had their life together. Sohyun was doing things so much better than you while you were hiding in your bed, trying to ignore your alarm that she turned off herself. Your shoulders relaxed once the alarms were both off.

It felt like more than ever that you wished to be like Sohyun. She was already making her bed, waking up a lot faster than you. There was a bright smile on her face that you wanted to share too. It was always easier for Sohyun to smile at nothing in particular. She had dreams that led her to this university along with interests that she was passionate about. Watching her read tarot cards was beautiful and hearing her go on about crystals was impressive. Seeing her care for her succulents and giving them fancy terrariums was calming. Sohyun had energy for days that you struggled to muster up for a few hours sometimes. Her positivity was what you craved to own. The ability to just live her life normally without worrying about the seven men who entered your life to ruin everything.

She didn't have to feel scared about going to sleep, wondering if she just might die from staying in those dreams for too long. She wasn't terrified for her life anytime she was alone for three seconds. There was no need for Sohyun to look over her shoulder multiple times. She could be carefree while you faced two people who wanted you dead. People actually wanted you dead. What did you do? Then the conversation you shared with your Mother in your dream made you feel more confused than ever. Who were you supposed to trust? There was always so many sides to a story and you didn't trust yourself to decide who to listen to. You've been living as a human on Earth for so long that you don't want to be bothered by what's actually going on. You want to live in ignorant bliss again.

"Come on, (F/n). We have botany today!" Sohyun cheered as she removed your blanket off your body. She walked over to pluck the pillow from your head, carefully lifting you up to put the pillow underneath your head again.

"Ugh..." You responded. That basically meant you were getting up even if you didn't want to. She knew the drill by now after living with you for so long.

Begrudgingly getting up, you sat in your bed and stared down at your feet. There was another thing that was bothering you. It was impossible for you to know if she was telling the truth or not. It could have just been your dream getting weird yet everything wasn't so normal in the first place. You were moving slowly as you got yourself dressed. Sohyun sat at her desk, getting her makeup done as she went along with her own schedule. You watched Sohyun for a bit before moving to get your hairbrush. You untangled your hair, thinking about what happened in the dream again. It was the ending part that was mainly getting to you. It's when she told you what your power was that you closed your eyes shut, wishing that never happened. It's not true. It can't be true.

You don't want it to be true.

It was easy to deny the whole Princess thing to the boys. If you really do have powers then how can you run away from that? You'll have to face it and you were scared. Especially if the power you were granted sounded more like a curse than a blessing. It made you understand why Jungkook and Yoongi would want you dead. An ability like that didn't naturally ooze a friendly aura. Nothing good came out of a power like that compared to all the powers the boys told you they possessed yesterday. You would never use it if it turned out to be true. What kind of monster would you be if you intentionally used it against someone? A power like that only had one outcome and it was death of all things.