Bonus

Bonus

What's with the sudden attitude? He used to never act like this when growing up. He'd always cling to you and act like a momma's boy. He was your baby after all. No matter what, he was your son who you loved dearly. It's just that right now the two of you were having a huge argument over nothing. It was frustrating to deal with. Ever since he became a teen, he's been steadily growing rebellious and talking back in ways that he shouldn't. You have no problem with compromising or acknowledging that he might want some independence as he gets older. That's completely fine. The real problem is when he uses hurtful words against you.

"I don't care, Eomma!" Seungjae groaned.

"Seungjae!" You followed him into the next room. He kept moving around to get anywhere away from you. "I'm talking to you."

"I don't want to listen." He rolled his eyes when you finally caught up to him. His frown was deep which you could understand, but this was an important discussion to have.

"Appa is going to tell you the same if you keep avoiding me. You know he has no problem scolding you harder either," You stated. Currently your husband was off at his home planet to take care of business. That left you with your son to handle personal business.

"This isn't fair!" Seungjae shouted.

"There's no need to yell," You chided.

"I'm only 17! I don't care about marriage and I don't want to hear about it." Seungjae huffed. He was the eldest heir who possessed your powers. You no longer owned them and his little sister had her father's powers. She was off in bed, sleeping. She was the youngest Princess at ten years old while the rest were fifteen and sixteen from the other Kings. That left Seungjae with six Princesses to marry. If he was interested in marrying an heir, that is. It would be fine if he wanted a Plutonian girl too, but he didn't want to talk about marriage in the slightest.

"Marriage isn't the end of the world." You sighed. "I'm not saying you have to get married now. I just want you to realize that this will be a responsibility of yours as you get older. You're free to marry who you want unless your Appa and I have no choice to arrange a marriage for you."

"The rest of the girls are my friends though..." Seungjae grumbled. "It'd be weird dating one of them. And all the regular girls want only to marry me for my title. I'm not marrying anybody."

"You'll fall in love one day." You crossed your arms as he groaned again. "Seungjae."

"I'm not talking about this with you anymore!" He stormed out of the room. What is with him?

Seungjae didn't bother turning back when you called after him. Your voice was echoing through the halls, but it was faint compared to the sound of his feet pounding against the marble floor. He was rushing through the dark corridors and doing his best to avoid skeletons. He knew they would question him. Luckily you weren't able to communicate with them anymore. He now possessed that skill as well. That left him confident that you wouldn't be able to find him if he ran away. It was a stupid decision he was making on an emotional whim. He just couldn't stand all the pressure and responsibilities of being a Prince. He didn't ask to be born of high status. He didn't care for this lifestyle. Why couldn't he have been normal? Why did you have to come back to Pluto?

But then he would quickly beat himself up for thinking like that. When you were just one year older than his current age, you fought a war with all your friends and future husband. He's had his whole life to grow accustomed to this and accept it while you had a total of six months. Seungjae has heard all the stories countless times. The last generation of heirs were considered heroes. You were strongly admired and loved by the Plutonian people. You were their pride. He did hold pride in being half Plutonian. He held the Plutonian power meaning he would be becoming King of that planet. It was his home yet...his mind would wander. His heart was dreaming and wishing for something different. He caught a case of wander lust that none of the other Princesses could understand.

He wanted to go to Earth.

Earth was strictly off limits. No one was allowed to go there anymore. When all the Kings did in the past, it was to get his mother. They did it for a desperate reason. Now they all had signed a contract to not touch it once more. Why not? You never spoke about Earth to him. Anything you said was vague and the other King's wouldn't budge with giving out information. He's tried asking his father to no avail. All the adults kept their lips shut and he had enough. He was going to do things his way. Seungjae was panting heavily as he ran outside of the palace. It was dark out which he easily blended in with his grey monochromatic suit.

He wouldn't stop running. Nothing could make him stop as he turned the corner. Adrenaline was pumping through his veins. Seungjae was loving the taste of freedom even as he bumped into two skeletons that were walking outside the palace. Their bones all crumbled and scattered, making him freeze for a second. Go. Seungjae couldn't feel his legs anymore. He was forcing himself to go faster while the skeletons were forming again. They were reacting to the Prince on the run. He chanted the words under his breath, the grey cloud appearing at his feet before consuming the rest of his body. He needed to get out of here.

When he did leave Pluto, he fell into a planet he was completely unfamiliar with. His feet were no longer running over the hard ground. Instead it felt as if he fell from the sky. Next thing he knows, he crashed into what felt like tall grass. Ouch. Seungjae groaned from the impact, not wanting to move. He winced for a couple seconds and eventually convinced himself to get up. He couldn't just stay on the ground forever. Pushing himself up, he blinked as he looked around to see the moon and thousands of stars in the sky. Slowly he lowered his head to confirm he had fallen into some sort of wheat field. He didn't think much of it until he saw the wheat in front of him rustle.

"Halt! Who goes there?" Seungjae scooted back. His eyes were narrowed on the wheat when it was carefully parted. That's when he felt his heart skip a beat to see a girl staring out at him curiously.

"...you came out of nowhere," She spoke in an accent he's never heard before.

"...w-who are you?" Seungjae kept his eyes connected with hers.

"Me?" She pointed at herself in surprise. Something about her was causing his face to heat up and her giggle didn't help at all. "I'm Jihye!" She placed a hand on her chest when suddenly a small animal jumped out at Seungjae. He nearly had a heart attack, but Jihye wasn't surprised. "Then this here chickie is Lil' Mama. She ain't a real mama yet though."

"Lil' Mama...?" Seungjae stared at this small creature that was staring up at him with an overwhelming amount of sass.

"And your name?" Jihye tilted her head at him. His attention was pulled away from the small chick as he looked back at her. His heart was reacting strangely again anytime he stared at her. What was this? "You just fell outta nowhere that you scared me to bits! That's the most interesting thing I've ever seen out here in the country—probably on Earth!"

"Earth?" Seungjae almost lost his breath. It had been the last place he had thought of before teleporting. He just didn't think he would actually come here. But he had no regrets about it the longer he looked at the pretty Earthling and her strange pet that clucked at him. She held her hand out to him which he took, getting pulled up to his feet. She was going to let go after that only for him to keep holding on. Jihye stared at Seungjae as her cheeks got dusted with pink, noting how handsome the stranger looked up close. The two stared at each other silently as Seungjae knew he got into something bigger than himself. "...nice to meet you. I'm Seungjae."