Familiar

Hoseok Bonus Ending

You didn't expect to grow closer to Hoseok, but it was inevitable with him being your neighbor. He was just the next planet over which led to a lot of business occurring between the two of you and also just randomly appearing at each other's place. Hoseok will randomly appear in your kitchen while you're in the middle of having dinner with a bag of sea salt for you to use in cooking. He'll bring foods and anything to make sure that you're doing well. He takes care of you which you appreciate. Even when his presence lingers in your palace to goof around and act like idiot. You've always enjoyed his company, but now it was becoming something you couldn't imagine living without.

Hoseok and you have always been close. Your friendship with him may have had a rough start with the whole proposal yet that didn't stop Hoseok. He was willing to settle for friends as long as he got close to you. Thankfully Hoseok was dead set on not letting you slip out of his grasp. Preventing the war was his main goal so you're glad that it all worked out. Though he did flirt with you despite being just friends with you. Whether that's because he was still hoping for more or was a natural flirt, you weren't quite sure. Either way you liked spending time with Hoseok. It wasn't only him coming over to hang out for no reason in particular.

Whenever there's nothing to do on Pluto, you make a quick trip over to Neptune. But if you're being perfectly honest, you look for any excuse you can just to go to Neptune. The skeletons are constantly seeing you coming and leaving from the next planet over. Then they always see Hoseok lingering around. They're no longer surprised to see the Neptunian royal at the palace. The two of you are always spending time together. Alone or with the others whenever possible. The skeletons have questioned you about it before, but you're only spending time with friends. What's so bad about that?

Like right now was another example. Hoseok had invited you over to Neptune for a swim. He didn't have to tell you twice as you let your protectors know where you would be before disappearing. Next thing you know, you're in a grey swimsuit with your legs in the water and Hoseok swimming around with a tail. You weren't exactly sure why, but you really loved watching Hoseok swim. He was a natural in the water. He looked so comfortable and made it look like so much fun. Plus seeing him as a merman would always be a mesmerizing sight to see. His wet curly locks, his bare toned chest, and his shiny emerald scales. It took your breath away every time. You could watch him swim for hours with no complaints at all.

"Are you sure you don't want to get into the water?" Hoseok popped up at the surface. He shook his hair like a dog before pushing it back. Water droplets were rolling down his olive tan skin, nearly making your heart pick up speed. Seeing Hoseok in his merman form was one of your favorite things and you couldn't explain why. It was just very pleasing to the eyes. He had his forehead exposed as he swam closer to you, not noticing how your ears were turning pink.

"I would but...I've only swam in a pool before." You shrugged as he smiled.

"It's the same thing!" Hoseok motioned towards the water.

"Um...any deeper than five feet then I can't." You clarified, watching his brows jump at your words. If you couldn't stand in the pool then you weren't swimming there. You often avoided the deep side with Sohyun back in high school during the swimming unit. The most you could do was paddle like a dog and even then you got tired way too fast. Trying to survive took way too much energy. That's why you just stayed where you could stand.

"So you don't know how to swim?" Hoseok chuckled. You shook your head at him only for Hoseok to reach his hand out towards you. "Let me teach you~! I'm an excellent swim teacher! Just ask Joonie."