Chapter 22

Itachi's POV

"Kabuto,I believe Kimimaro has made a move. It seems he still hold grudges towards me." Orochimaru said.

What does he mean?

"What did he do?" Kabuto asked.

"Sakura is kidnapped. Probably by Kimimaro. Let's go"

"Where to?" Sasori and I asked.

"Kirigakure" He answered.

"Isn't it an abandoned building?" I asked.

"Yes,I used to study there with Kimimaro. I declined his proposal to fight,as well as date with the love of his life. He still hates me" Orochimaru sighed. "It's my fault that Sakura is in this situation"

"We are coming with you" Sasori said. "Tell us everything on the way"

Orochimaru nodded and rushed inside his car. We followed him and hopped in.

Wait for us..Sakura...

Orochimaru's POV

It's my fault that Sakura is in this situation. I shouldn't have let her study in my school! I sighed.

I thought I could keep her safe if I were to look after her..

But it seems not..

I should have asked Kabuto to keep a close eye on her! I gripped on the steering wheel tighter.

I took a deep breath and started explaining to them about my past.

Kabuto knew about my past because he caught Kimimaro peeking inside the house several times. Particularly spying on Sakura.

~FLASHBACK~

I was the top delinquent. Girls were crazy over me,but my eyes are only fixed on one. My childhood friend,Gurin.

I became a delinquent to catch her attention. Sure enough,I did. But she was a little distant. I also found out a delinquent named Kimimaro is in love with her.

Before I graduate,I confessed to Gurin. Sadly,she rejected me because she hates violence. For her,I'm willing to drop my title.

Not long after that,Kimimaro confronted me and challenged me. I politely declined it,as I have decided to quit being a delinquent.

Unfortunately,rumours said that I think lowly of him and that he isn't qualified to fight me. Sure enough,he was furious and trained himself. After I graduate,I heard he claimed the title of being the top delinquent.

He and Gurin are a year younger than me. After they graduate,I dated Gurin. Sadly,she passed away before we were married. I wasn't the only one who mourned upon her death. Kimimaro as well. He was still deeply in love with her.

Rumours said that he hates me to the bone. He even plans to make me suffer the way he did.

I never believed them.

Until Kabuto confronted me that a weird guy always appears outside and spies on Sakura.

From then on,I became more alert of her safety. A year before she enter high school,Kimimaro stopped stalking her. I thought he dropped his grudge because he asked to be a teacher in my school.

~FLASHBACK ENDED~

The boys were silent,absorbing every word I said.

Finally,we reached my old school Kirigakure.

It has been awhile..

Sure brings back memories..

Now to save Sakura..

I tightened my fists as I walked in.

I swear if anything happens to her,I wouldn't mind going to jail.