Chapter 26

A year after we graduate,we are still close to each other despite our different universities and colleges. Our bond grew stronger and seemingly unbreakable.

At last,the day where a pair of our friends will marry has come. All of us girls,except Konan wore almost similar dresses.

I wore a short tube dress with soft pink laces.

Hinata wore a short turtle neck dress with lavender laces.

Ino wore a short one shoulder dress with sky blur laces.

TenTen wore a short collar dress with yellow laces.

Temari wore a short V-neck dress with turquoise laces.

Karin got a short spaghetti strap dress with red laces.

We sat near the front with the boys as we watch Konan walking towards Pein. We were all trying to hold back our tears.

"K-Konan *sniff* look so *sniff* p-pretty.." Hinata cried.

"I'm s-so *sniff* h-happy for her.." I cried.

"I can't *sniff* believe that *sniff* s-she is getting married s-so soon!!" Ino cried.

"T-This is *sniff* t-too emotional!!" Karin cried.

The guys patted our backs as TenTen and Temari cried as well,no longer able to hold back their tears.

"Pein, will you have Konan to be your wife, to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?"

"I will"

"Konan, will you have Pein to be your husband, to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

"I will"

Both of them inserted the rings into each other's fingers and looked into their eyes.

The girls and I sobbed as we watched the emotional scene before us. The most important moment in a female's life.

"You may now kiss the bride"

Pein and Konan leaned on each other,and finally closed the gap between they lips.

We squealed with tears in our eyes and jumped to hug both of them.

"Konan,if he ever does anything he should do,tell me and I'll beat the crap out of him!" I said.

"Pein,you better take good care of her or we'll never forgive you!" Ino said.

"I'll torture you with every weapon I can place my hands on!" TenTen said.

All of us glared at Pein which made everyone sweat drop.

"I'm throwing the bouquet!!" Konan informed.

It got our attention,so we quickly gathered in front of her. I was pulled by Ino,but I didn't mind.

There are so many girls here fighting for it,I wouldn't have a chance. I smiled with determination.

Suddenly,I felt something drop on my hand. Everyone stared at me. I blinked a couple of times and looked at my hands.

My eyes widened as I gasped at the bouquet on my hands.

I looked at Itachi naturally and he smirked at me. I blushed crimson and saw Orochimari,Kabuto and Sasori sending death glares with scowls visible on their faces to the oblivious Itachi. I giggled and was shocked to see Itachi standing in front of me.

In a matter of seconds,he dropped on one knee. My eyes widened. He took out a small red velvet box to reveal a red diamond ring in it. I gasped and stared into his onyx eyes.

"Sakura Haruno,the moment I set my eyes on you,I knew you were special. I'm not good with all those cheesy lines,but I know that I love you. I can't live without you. I want to grow old with you. Will you do the honours of being my wife and the mother of our children? Will you marry me?" His eyes held such sincerity and love.

I couldn't help but cry and nodded.

"Yes! Yes,I will marry you,Itachi Uchiha! Because I love you and wish to spend the rest of my life with you!" I sobbed happily and furiously wiped my tears.

He smiled happily and inserted the ring onto my finger. He embraced me tightly and spun me around. Orochimaru,Kabuto and Sasori seemed pleased. I was glad and happy.

Words couldn't explain how I felt then. I was overwhelmed by happiness. Everyone cheered for us and some cried.

Once Itachi put me down,he kissed my lips passionately and I returned the favour. The scowls made it's way back to Orochimaru,Kabuto and Sasori. I laughed when I pulled away from him.

Ne.. Who knew I would end up marrying the guy who wanted to fight me the moment we meet?

Not all delinquents are bad.. I am one,and most of the people I know are!