Chapter 2

(Y/n) is suddenly pulled from her memories by something knocking into her, causing her to spill her drink all over the bar. A tick mark forms above her eyebrow, and she whips around to see it's none other than her best friend, Natsu. "Well speak of the devil..." she mutters to herself. Natsu grins sheepishly, backing away from (y/n) and she looks at him, a shadow covering her eyes, as a dark aura surrounds her.
"OH, hehe, hey (y/n)!.. Didn't mean to b-bump into you like t-that, ol' stripper here shoved me..." he stammers, his sparring partner, Gray, quickly turning and pretending he has no clue what's going on. As (y/n) lunges for the pink-haired teen, Natsu, sensing the girls movements, bolts away with (y/n) right on his tail as he laughs at her chasing him.
"Better laugh now while you still can pinky! When I get my hands on you, you're done for, ya hear?!" (Y/n) yells, quickly catching up to the dragon slayer and kicking him, sending him flying to the other side of the guild hall. She turns around looking for the ice mage, but seeing that he's nowhere to be found. Coward... He must've escaped while I was running after Natsu.. Oh he's a dead man now.. She thinks to herself, as she huffs her way back to the bar for another drink. After recovering Natsu began to make his way over to where (y/n) is sitting at the bar, noticing she had calmed down a bit, and sitting next to her.
He wraps his arm around his favorite dragon slayer and smiles at her, giving her his classic toothy grin, big enough to show his fangs. She giggles and blushes, her mood turning completely relaxed. Natsu's smile always makes (y/n) feel warm inside, she's a sucker for it, after all what's a best friend for if their smile doesn't brighten your mood, right? "Sorry again, (y/n), I found a job that was perfect for us, but the pervy popsicle grabbed it and decided to tease me about it," he says chuckling, pulling out the job flier from his pocket for the (h/c) haired girl to see. "Looks like their steam room is busted and it pays 300,000 jewel, sounds like a job for the fire/water dragon duo!" Natsu says as (y/n) inspects the paper. IT'S AT A COUPLE'S BATH HOUSE?! IS HE MAD?! She shrieks in her head, her cheeks burning up as they turn a dark red. "U-uh N-natsu.. This is at a c-couples s-spa.." (y/n) squeaks out, as Mirajane giggles at her friends' embarrassment from behind the bar top. Mira thinking to herself that they would make a cute couple.. if they both weren't completely oblivious to their feelings. She sighs and continues to polish the bars' glassware.
"So what? Y-you don't gotta make it w-weird, they just need a little steam," Natsu replies quickly, chuckling at her crimson cheeks and flustered appearance, even though he was blushing as well. She looks like a deer in headlights.. her (e/c) sparkling... using her (h/c) hair to try to hide her expression... it's so innocent and... cute... He thinks to himself, butterflies filling his stomach. He's confused at this feeling, unsure of what it is. (Y/n) has been his best friend since they were children, and now they are in their late teens, they've known each other for most of their lives so he shouldn't be nervous around her, right?
"I-I guess you're right, alright let's do it then, we should probably go home and change into bathing suits though, just in case," (y/n) says smiling, shaking off the embarrassment. The dark crimson color almost gone from her cheeks; only a light dusting of pink was all that was left of it as she looks into his onyx eyes. Natsu looks embarrassed too.. But why?! He's the one who picked this freaking job! She thinks to herself as she gets up from her seat. Natsu nods and gets up, calling for Happy, who's playing around with Carla and Pantherlilly. (Y/n) does the same, calling over her own exceed partner, Crystal, who was contently reading a book.
The sea foam green cat and fellow blue cat fly over to their dragon slayers, Happy landing on Natsu's shoulder, and Crystal jumping into (y/n)'s arms. (Y/n) fixes her partners' bows that rest by her ears, straightening them out, as Crystal pulls down her own white sundress. The group tells Mira that they're taking the job and Mira smiles at them, wishing them luck, but in her mind wishing them luck in love as well. Mirajane giggles at the thought, when she's approached by Gray, Erza, and Wendy.
"So they actually took the job?!" Gray laughs, knowing that the pyromaniac is completely clueless about his crush on (y/n). "Yes it is quite obvious that they both have feelings for each other, but it's to be expected when you think of the strong bond they share." Erza says as if she read Gray's mind. Wendy giggles and says, " Aw I think they're cute, I know they'll figure it out eventually." "I think so too Wendy, maybe this job is just what they need," Mira agrees with the young girl. "I think you may be giving them too much credit, Mira," Gray chuckles as they watch the two friends walk out the guild doors with their exceed's.