Chapter 8

Arriving back at the run-down tavern, Crystal and Happy fly off to Pantherlily and Carla, leaving (y/n) and Natsu to walk in on an interesting argument going on in the guild; Romeo and Macao being the strongest voices in the heated debate. "Yo guys, we're home!" Natsu announces to the other members, only getting a few greetings as everyone is focused on the father and son mages. "You don't make the rules anymore," Romeo says to the previous master defiantly, "so just get over it! It's up to Makarov." "I'm expressing myself as a member of the guild," Macao replies, obviously frustrated. 
   Gray, Erza, Carla, Wendy, and Lucy walk up behind the spa group, having just come from visiting Porlyusica. "Hey, what's all the fuss about this time?" Gray asks, only for an annoyed Carla to suggest "typical teenage rebellion" as the culprit. "Clothing Gray," she scolds, folding her arms across her chest. "Those of you with me, say I," Macao says to the guild indignantly. Almost all the hands immediately showed up, all minus Romeo and theTenrou team were against whatever "it" is. "I don't ever wanna go through that again," Alzack sighs. "That has got to be the most embarrassing thing in the world," Bisca groans, little Asuka looking up at her parents with confusion.
   "But we have the Tenrou team with us this time! Natsu and Erza and those guys! There's no way we're gunna lose with them on our sides," Romeo complains, still fighting the other guild members. "Haven't you been paying attention? They've all missed out on seven years of training," Warren says to the young teen, as Droy and Jet reassure Levy that she's awesome regardless. "So what exactly are we talking about doing or not doing here anyway?" Natsu asks, stepping forward out of the doorway and into the guild hall. "Yeah, we should get a say, even if we were missing out on 7 years we are still members of Fairy Tail too," (y/n) says, putting her hands on her hips and walking up besides Natsu. 
   "While you guys were all stuck on Tenrou Island, a new tournament started to determine Fiore's number one guild," Romeo explains. "Sounds like a whole lotta fun to me," says Natsu as Happy bounces saying: "Oooh". "Guilds from all over the country face off against each other in magic events," Romeo explains, raising a finger in the air. "They call it, The Grand Magic Games!" "O-oh-o yeah," Natsu says, getting fired up. "Oh wow that must be awesome!" (Y/n) states, fist bumping the air. "That sounds totally amazing," says Lucy. "Yeah, I'd love to play some games!" Wendy says, excitedly. "So it's more like some kind of magic festival?" Gray questions, still shirtless. "I understand. Sabertooth is known as the top guild in Fiore these days, because they won the last go-round," Erza says, pleased by her conclusion. 
   "That's right," Romeo nods, "but if we can beat them and win the games this time, we'll be number one instead!" Master Makarov places a hand on his chin, coming towards the crowd to address his children. "That would be nice," he says, "but I'm not entirely convinced we can win given our current state of disarray." Causing all of the Tenrou Team to shift awkwardly, knowing everyone else got stronger while they were missing on the island. "That's my point exactly," Macao exclaims, facing his son again. "Yeah, but if we do win the guild will get like thirty million jewel in prize money!" 
  "We're in!" Makarov says, obvuously excited by the thought of that many jewel. Some of the group complains, questioning the masters' decision; as Jet reminds them that they've come in dead last every year. Makarov shrugs this off however, stating that they'll just have to beat them all to a pulp. "Sabertooth thinks they're hot stuff?" Natsu asks, bringing a flame to his hand while proving his leg up on a bench table. "Well we'll just have to see about that," (y/n) finishes for him, giggling at her pyromaniac of a best friend. "So when does this thing go down anyways?" Natsu asks, his attention turning back to the boy.   
   "It kicks off in three months," Romeo says. "That's plenty of time," Natsu says, punching his still flaming hand into the palm of his free one, "but we'll have to start training ASAP." "We'll put Fairy Tail back on top," (y/n) says, triumphantly, "and nobody's gunna get in our way!" Team Natsu agrees with them, all confident in their ability to train and work as a guild to defeat their rivals. After complaints, but cheerful statements from the Tenrou team and words of encouragement from Makarov, the guild is lively again. Everyone splits off to begin arrangements for training, as Natsu and (y/n) split up to get advice for their date tonight. "Meet back here at 7:30, Blossom," Natsu says grinning as he runs off. (Y/n) giggles and nods, walking over to the bar.
   "Hey Mira," (y/n) says sheepishly while approaching the white-haired beauty behind the bar top, "I really need your help with something." "Of course, (y/n), I'd be happy to help! What can I do for you?" Mirajane asks cheerfully. "I-I uh.. kinda sorta… have a.. date tonight," (y/n) let's out in a hushed tone, while leaning across the bar. Somehow, however, Erza, Lucy, Wendy, and Carla all heard this and rushed over to the (h/c) haired girl at the bar. "Yay! (Y/n)'s got a date! Who's the lucky guy?" Asks Lucy, as she squeals in delight and excitement. 
   "O-oh uhm i-it's with N-Natsu," (y/n) says sheepishly, a blush forming on her face. She looks down, embarrassed and sorry, for she knows about Lucy's obvious crush on Natsu. "It's ok, (y/n), we all know how you both feel about each other, and I'm personally really happy for you guys," Lucy reassures her as if reading her thoughts, she puts a hand on (y/n)'s shoulder. (Y/n) gives her a small smile, as all the other girls congratulate her. Suddenly, she remembers the reason she came over to Mirajane in the first place. "O-oh," she says, clearing her throat, "right, I came over here because I need something to wear for tonight. Do you maybe have something I could borrow, Mira?" As the She-Devil goes to answer, Erza interrupts her. "Nonsense, we shall help you on your quest for a perfect outfit," Erza says, stars forming into her eyes as her gaze wanders, staring of into space. Wendy claps her hands at this thought, "Yes! We'd love to help you, (y/n)!" "Hush child, maybe (y/n) doesn't want all of our help, stop getting ahead of yourselves," Carla sighs. (Y/n) shakes her head, "No I'd love the help! I honestly have no idea what I'm doing, and I'm super nervous! Where do we start?" 
   Lucy smirks and claps her hands, "We start with shopping of course! Hehe!" A look of horror spreads across (y/n)'s face as she facepalms. "Oh lord, please no," she pleads, cringing at the idea. "Ah yes, let us go find you an outfit, make haste everyone," Erza orders, herding all the girls out the guild hall. Mirajane remains to finish working as she giggles and waves goodbye, winking at (y/n) and giving her a thumbs up. The girls proceed to talk excitedly about what (y/n) should wear, whilst they drag her quickly to the boutique. 
   Arriving at the boutique the group of teens squeal, all except (y/n) who is dreading what's in store for her right now. "P-please don't m-make me do t-this guys, let's just go home," (y/n) mumbles as she tries to escape, but Erza quickly grabs her by the collar of her shirt and pulls her back. "Don't be silly, (y/n), it's your first date! You have to look perfect!" Lucy says, trying to convince the poor dragon slayer. "Thats the thing though, it's just Natsu, I doubt he will care!" (Y/n) says, pleading with her 4 friends. "Of course he will! It will be a shock to him! He will love it," says the young Wendy. "Wendy is correct, (y/n), he might be a little slow, but Natsu would love to see you dressed up," Carla says, finally convincing the (h/c) haired girl. "Fine, you win, lets just get this torture over with," (Y/n) says, glumly. 
   At the guild Natsu approaches Gray to ask for date advice. "So you finally asked her out huh? Sure took you long enough. Buuut I shouldn't have expected much outta you, flame for brains," Gray teases Natsu, making the fire dragon slayer growl. "WHAT'D YOU CALL ME, ICE PRINCESS?!" Natsu shouts, getting up in Gray's face. "YOU HEARD ME, YA PYROMANIAC!" Gray says, the two boys are about to fight when a blue-haired water mage intervenes. "Natsu, did you say you had a date? Oh how I wish my darling, Gray, would take me on one," Juvia says with hearts in her eyes as she clings to the ice make wizards' arm. Shaking her off, Gray turns his attention back to the matter at hand. 
   "Oh yeah, I almost forgot, we don't have time for me to kick your ass right now." Gray says smugly, making Natsu growl again before he sighs. "Ugh you're right, now will you please help me? I have no idea what I'm doing, or what a girl even wants!" Natsu complains, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "Ooo let me help! I know exactly what a girl would like on a date! My darling and I would be happy to help," Juvia exclaims, latching onto Gray again who just groans. 
   "I guess we can help ya, but you so owe me one! I'm only doing this because it's with (y/n). You know she's like a little sister to me, so if you screw this up you're dead, got it?" Gray says crossing his arms, looking apathetic. Natsu just grins at the dark-haired teen and the girl latched to him. "Don't worry about it, I don't plan on screwing up," the salamander says, a blush forming on his cheeks. "You? Plan? Are you really Natsu?" Jokingly asks Happy, flying over to the group. "Shut it, Happy!" Natsu whines, rolling his eyes. Gray chuckles at this, "Haha, come on man, we have A LOT of work to do," he says, dragging Natsu out of the guild with Juvia and Happy following.