chapter 2

It had been three days since Luffy had been pulled out of Impel Down. He was excited and raring to go back in time to see his friends again. The old man, however, told Luffy to stay to regain his strength, which had dwindled during his time in prison. He was to be sent back tomorrow, giving him 24 more hours to rest and recuperate.

"Just you wait guys." Luffy said as he was staring out into the sky. "I'll come back. And this time, no one will stop us from achieving our dreams." After a shower and some fresh clothes, Luffy seemed unable to contain himself. All the years of hopelessness he had were forgotten as he felt the dying embers of hope burn into a roaring flame inside his soul. Not even the old man's denial to send him back early could get Luffy down. He decided to ask the old man again just for the heck of it. "Hey old man." Luffy said as he walked through the door. His smile dropped to a confused blank stare as he saw the old man looking through a small hole he made. His curiosity got the better of him as he walked over to see what the old man saw. "What are you staring at?

"Hmm?" the old man replied before looking at Luffy. "Oh. Just watching your crew's old adventures. Sky Island, Fishman Island, Punk Hazard. You had quite a lot of adventures." he said with a smile.

"Yeah. Can I see?" Luffy asked, ecstatic to see it all again.

"Sure. One moment." said the old man. He then grab the edges of the hole and pulled it wider for them to get a better look. "See?"

Luffy couldn't contain himself as he looked around in joy. He could see his ship, Thousand Sunny, and his crew all around and started to cry. "I can't wait to do it all again."

"Just remember. You're going back to make sure what happened last time won't be repeated." said the old man with a stern voice. Luffy rubbed his eyes with his arm. "Right. Hey, can you see all my friends?"

"Of course." he said as he waved his hand over the portal. He showed various people from Luffy's past. Dorry and Broggy. Bon Clay. Shirahoshi. "I especially like this one." he said before he waved his hand again. "And this one." he said when it showed Boa Hancock."

"Oh. Hancock and Shirahoshi. Why?" Luffy asked.

"What do you mean why?" the old man asked. "Because they're beautiful." he said as he looked back at the picture, blushing with bit of a goofy look.

"You okay old man? Your face is turning red. Are you sick?" Luffy asked. The old man just stared at Luffy. He had seen that Luffy was dense through the portal, but he didn't think was This thick headed. He put his hand to his chin in thought before he waved it over the portal to show a close up of Nami.

"What about her?" he asked.

"That's Nami. She's my navigator and friend."

"And her?" he asked when he waved again and showed a picture of Robin.

"She's my friend too. She loves archeology."

"You must be kidding me. You mean to tell me you don't see them as beautiful?" he asked. He seemed to get his answer as Luffy just stared at the picture with a happy grin. "This is insane!" he shouted. "How can you not notice? Look at them. They have figures that men would kill to hold close!"

"Dirty old man." Luffy said, causing the old man to fall over. He quickly got up and just stared at Luffy, who was just staring at a portal, trying to get it to change to see more adventures.

'How can he not go crazy at the sight of those women? That Hancock woman was fawning all over him, yet he didn't care. What is he blind? I've played out all his adventures and he definitely reacted to that Nami chick. What could it be? He's definitely old enough to...' he was stuck in mid thought as he looked at Luffy and the portal before his eyes widened. 'Maybe...yes. That might work.' he thought before smiling.