chapter 8

It had been some time since the trio left Orange Town. Luffy was eating apples, Zoro was resting, and Nami was reading maps and coming to a conclusion.

"We cannot sail for the Grand Line like this." she said. "This crew, our provisions, and this ship are way too small."

"You're right." Luffy said with an apple in his mouth. "We need to get meat."

"And some booze." Zoro said.

"We need more than that, you morons!" Nami screamed before she went back to the maps. "Anyway, we'll stop by a nearby island and try to get a better ship and supplies."

"What island?" Luffy asked as he ate more apples.

"Let's see." Nami said as she checked some maps. "It's called Gecko Island."

"Finally! Some meat!"

"And booze."

'And Usopp.' Luffy thought as well while cracking a big smile. He was gathering his friends up again, one by one, and couldn't wait to go on more adventures with them all.

"Will you two shut up about that?" Nami screamed again.

()()()()

It took awhile, but they landed at the northern side of the island. Luffy jumped onto the shore before Nami even got the boat onto the sand. Zoro stood up on the shore before stretching.

"Nice to be back on land." he said.

"Yeah. Now, to find a place with some meat." Luffy said with a smile. Nami just sighed, knowing he wasn't going to stop talking about food. Zoro agreed, stating they needed booze as well, but quickly went for his swords when he heard rustling in the bushes up on the hill.

"We've got company." he said with a dark tone. Nami and Luffy looked up at the bushes where Zoro was looking. Luffy smiled before dancing where he stood to dodge whatever flew from the bushes. Nami hid behind the boats while stood his ground. When everything stopped, they all heard a laugh coming from up on the hill. They looked up to see a skinny young man with a long nose staring down at them with his arms crossed and a confident smile on his face with many pirate flags sticking up in the bushes behind him bearing the man's jolly roger. Luffy couldn't stop the smile on his face.

"I am Usopp, leader of this island and of an invicible fleet of pirates. I am feared across the world as a monster known as CAPTAIN USOPP!" Usopp yelled out. "You must be fools to have tried to attack this island! If you don't get back into your boats now, my eighty million men will attack!" he screamed with his arms out wide. The trio on the shore just stared up at Usopp while he laughed.

"That's a lie." Nami said with a calm expression. Usopp looked down at her in fear at those words.

"She knows!" he yelled.

"Well, I do now." she said with a smug smile, causing Usopp to freak out how he was stupid for telling them it was a lie.

"Alright, eighty million may have been a bit high, but I do have many men by my side!" he yelled as a few flags in the bushes waved around a bit. Nami smiled again as she pointed to the bushes "You mean those three?"

"AHH! SHE KNOWS!" screamed three little children from the bushes. They then dropped the flags and took off running on the verge of tears while Usopp screamed at them to not run. After they ran, Nami walked away from the boat and picked up one of Usopp's lead stars.

"Never seen a pirate who uses a slingshot." she said as Luffy laughed at Usopp's antics.

"Be quiet!" Usopp shouted as he aimed his slingshot at them. "I'm an expert with this thing!"