chapter 26

The crew was sailing on in the Grand Line, even with the weather changing from sunny to snowy in a matter of seconds. Nami, Nojiko, and Alvida were inside the cabin with Vivi and Mr. 9 while the rest were outside in the snow. Sanji and Gin was shoveling the deck, Zoro was napping, Johnny was in the crow's nest on the lookout for Whiskey Peak, Yosaku was keeping an eye out for trouble in any direction, and Luffy and Usopp were playing in the snow.

"This weather doesn't make any sense." Nami said as she, Nojiko, and Alvida were in winter clothing.

"Doesn't this ship have a heater or something?" Mr. 9 asked, as he and Vivi shivered in their blankets.

"I'm cold." Vivi said.

"SHUT UP! YOU'RE NOT GUESTS!" Nami shouted. "SHOVEL SOME SNOW TO WARM UP THEN!"

"Behold! The man who came from the sky! Mr. Snowman!" Luffy said after making a funny looking snowman.

"Nice job big bro!" Johnny said from up in the crow's nest as and Yosaku clapped their hands.

"Ha ha ha!" Usopp said. "Amateur. Behold, the beauty of my soul. Snow Queen." he said after making a sculpture of a woman out of snow. All of them clapped at that before Luffy shot one of Mr. Snowman's wooden arms at her, smashing it's head and pissing off Usopp.

"Why'd you do that, you jackass?!" he screamed as he kicked Luffy's snowman's head in.

"YOU BULLY!" Luffy shouted. Soon they were throwing snowballs at each other while Johnny and Yosaku watched and laughed. "CATCH!" Luffy shouted before throwing a snowball at them both, nailing them both in the face.

"Oh yeah?" Yosaku shouted as Johnny jumped from the crow's nest before they both chucked snowballs at him.

"THIS MEANS WAR!" the four shouted before throwing snowballs at each other. While this was happening, the women inside were watching from the window.

"How can they be so energetic?" Nami asked.

"Look on the bright side." Nojiko said. "Never a dull moment."

"My lovely ladies, are you happy with all my shoveling?" Sanji asked with hearts in his eyes.

"Yes." they said.

"Please keep shoveling Sanji." Alvida cooed, causing Sanji to start shoveling at a rapid pace.

"Hey, make sure that gets thrown off the ship at least!" Gin shouted as he noticed Sanji was just tossing it everywhere. One of the piles hit Luffy, which caused him to throw snowballs at Sanji and Gin. "YOU BASTARD!" he shouted. Soon all six of them were going at it with their little snow war.

"Really?" all the people in the cabin asked with sweatdrops on their heads before lightning flashed in the sky. It didn't seem to stop the snowballers from having fun until they heard Nami screaming from inside the cabin.

"What's wrong big sis?" Johnny asked.

"Turn the ship 180 degrees now!" she shouted.

"180 degrees? Why do you want to go back?" Usopp asked. Luffy smiled, knowing that this was their first brush with the Grand Line weather.

"We got turned around! We're heading in the wrong direction!" she shouted. "I took my eyes of the pose for a second! I thought the waves were calm."

"You sure you're a navigator?" Vivi asked in a conceited way, making both Nami and Nojiko want to slap the shit out of her. "Nothing can be trusted on these seas. Winds, waves, clouds, nothing but the Log Pose. Everyone knows that." she said.

"IF YOU KNOW SO MUCH, THEN SHUT UP AND HELP US OUT YOU JACKASSES!" Nami and Nojiko shouted as they kicked both her and Mr. 9 out the door. They began to turn before the weather changed again into a spring gale. Nami kept shouting out orders as the weather kept having mood swings on them. Sanji made food as everyone was now helping to keep the ship on track and out of harms way. All except Zoro, who was sleeping through it all even with everyone yelling at him from time to time to wake up. After what felt like an eternity, the weather finally calmed down as everyone was getting a second wind. Luffy was smiling under his hat, not only from the rush of doing all this over again, but the fact that Merry made it through with lighter damage this time around. Gin was having violent flashbacks to when he first came to the Grand Line while Zoro had finally woken up and stretched before looking around at everyone on the deck.