chapter 21

Everyone watched as Arlong Park crumbled in on itself with a deafening roar, then silence filled the area.

"What happened?"

"Who won?"

"Is Luffy okay?"

Everyone stared from outside the gate for anything to happen. Then, Luffy emerged from the rubble, completely unscathed.

"LUFFY!" Nami cried out in joy.

"BIG BROOOO!" Johnny and Yosaku screamed with tears in their eyes. Luffy just stood there on top of the rubble.

"Is he okay?" Usopp asked. Luffy stood still until he took a deep breath.

"NAMI!" Luffy screamed out. Everyone froze as they looked at Luffy. "NAMI, YOU'LL ALWAYS BE MY FRIEND!" Luffy yelled at the top of his lungs. Nami just stared at him with wide eyes before she started to tear up.

"Yeah." she said with a smile as the tears fell. The other Straw Hats smiled as well while the villagers started to let everything they've just seen sink in.

"He won?"

"He won!"

"We won!"

"BIG BRO WON!"

"ARLONG PARK HAS FALLEN!" someone yelled out. Soon the whole village cried out in joy as they cheered. Finally, after eight long years, they were all finally free.

"Isn't that great sis?" Sanji asked as he tried to hug Nojiko, but missed when she hugged Genzo.

"Am I dreaming? To think this day has finally come." Genzo said as the villagers started tossing Luffy into the air, too happy to be free.

"You did it Luffy! You deserve the praise!" Usopp shouted out. "But if wanna share some of it, I'd be glad!"

"Jeez." Sanji said as he watched everyone. "Next time, be quicker about it." The cheering stopped for a second when everyone slipped and Luffy hit the ground. The good mood came back when Luffy started laughing, with everyone laughing as well.

"Huh?" Luffy said as he felt his straw hat being placed on his head. He looked back to see Nami smiling at him. Both stood up and gave each other a high-five. Everyone cheered and danced where they were.

"That's enough celebrating." came a voice. Everyone looked to see Captain Nezumi and a few dozen marines behind him aiming their guns at everyone. Everyone glared as Nezumi laughed. "Chi chi chi chi. I saw the whole thing. Never did I think that a bunch of no-name pirates would defeat Arlong. But this is good news. All the money of Arlong Park now belongs to me." He then pointed at Nami. "And also, there's still the deal with your thievery." Everyone looked ready to kill Nezumi when he said that. "Everyone, drop your weapons. I, Captain Nezumi of the Marines, will be taking the credit for everything here." he said before he started screaming in terror.

"It's not nice to be a wet blanket when everyone's having fun." Zoro said with a grin as he had Nezumi's head in his hand.

()()()()

"I'm a Captain in the marines." Nezumi mumbled in pain as he and all his marines were tied up, bleeding, broken, and crying with all the Strawhat men standing behind them. "Lay one finger on me. See what happens." Nami then came over with her staff in hand.

"This is for trying to take my money." she said before she smacked him with her staff. Nezumi flew across the water before sinking.

"Nice shot sis." Nojiko said.

"He deserves 1,000 more beatings!" Genzo said as Nezumi came back up to breathe. Nami walked over to him and started pulling the whiskers on his face.