chapter 11

It had been some time since they left on their new ship. Zoro was napping, Nami was looking over maps, Usopp was pretending to fight something by swinging a pole around, and Luffy was working on something in the corner. Usopp looked at them all relaxing.

"Aren't you guys a little too relaxed?" he asked.

"Done!" Luffy yelled, getting everyone's attention.

"With what?" Zoro asked as he woke from his nap.

"Our mark." Luffy said as he held up a Jolly Roger. The other three looked at it in confusion and horror. It looked just the same as when Luffy first painted it: bent and disfigured.

"This is our...mark?" they asked as Luffy smiled.

"Yeah. Pretty cool huh?" Luffy asked. Usopp sighed before he stepped forward.

"Shouldn't our mark strike fear to our enemies?" Zoro asked.

"Here. Let the artist show you how it's done." Usopp said before he painted a new symbol on the black flag before holding it up. It was better, though it looked like one for Usopp.

'Just like last time.' Luffy thought as he gave an annoyed look before he and Zoro hit him. "Rejected." he and Zoro said before Usopp redrew it.

"How about this?" Usopp asked as he held up the one that Luffy knew. The one with a skull and crossbones wearing a strawhat.

"That's very good." Nami said.

"That's the one. Draw it on the sails too Usopp." Luffy said as he pointed at the sails. Usopp did so before lying on the deck tired. Luffy looked up at the sails and smiled. "Now the pirate ship Going Merry has everything she needs." he said before it started clouding up. 'Oh yeah. And this is our first adventure!' Luffy thought.

()()()()

After their adventure with Gaimon on the Island of Rare animals, they sailed on a bit more. Luffy was looking around until he spotted a rock off in the distance. He smiled as he aimed the cannon and fired at it, missing it a bit.

"What are you doing?" Zoro yelled to him.

"Cannon practice." Luffy answered. "I missed though."

"Hang on. Let the pro show you how it's done." Usopp said as he came over and readjusted the cannon before firing, blasting the rock to pieces.

"Nice shot Usopp." Luffy said with a grin. Usopp just looked on in surprise.

"I...hit it?" he asked before he gave a confident look at them all. "I mean, of course I did. Impressed?"

"That settles it. You're the sniper Usopp." Luffy said.

"Huh? I'm not the captain?" he asked.

"No. I am the Captain!" Luffy stated as they walked into the cabin and sat at the table with the others.

"Alright. But you chicken out on something, I'm Captain." Usopp said.

"Fat chance." Luffy said with a laugh as they sat around the table. Luffy looked at the three of them as they talked. He then looked around the room, remembering everything that they've been through. He couldn't help but smile under his hat at the memories. He was brought out of his thoughts when they all heard crashing coming from outside.

"Come on out, ya stinkin pirates!" shouted a voice. Luffy ran outside, remembering who it was.

"Hey, who are you?" Luffy asked, getting his attention.

"It doesn't matter pirate!" he screamed as he charged at Luffy. "You'll pay for trying to kill me friend!" He swung his sword at Luffy, only to be stopped by Luffy grabbing the blade with his fingers. "What?!"