chapter 26: misunderstood

** Iris' POV**

The school prom is in one week and I'm excited, but not jumping around exited but hey, it will be fun. We only have 2 more hours before we can go home. I was standing in front of my locker with Amber, Luke and Ashton. The bell rang and I opened my locker.

"Hey! My bag is gone." I said and Amber looked inside my locker.

"We're probably just blind" Amber said and we laughed.

"Probably" I said and took my 'Present Music' book and Luke's hand as we walked to our class. We walked by Max aka the 'cool' guy. I think he's weird. He talks to nobody except the players of the basketball team.

"Hi, Iris" he said with a smile.

"Hmm, hi?" I said confused.

Luke and I looked weird at each other and walked into class.

***

The bell rang and everyone stormed out of the gym's changing rooms. I walked up to my locker all by myself because the rector asked Luke and some other guys to help building the stage for the prom. I opened my locker and found my bag, all in the back of my locker. No wonder I couldn't find it. I took all my stuff and walked up to the little field next to the school's parking lot. Calum and Michael were already there. Amber and Ashton came after 5minutes, now only Luke had to come. After 20 minutes he still wasn't here.

"Hey guys, you can go home already I'll wait for Luke and we can go by bus or something" I smiled.

They all agreed and left.

**Luke's POV**

I was furious, how could she? Tears were streaming down my face as I stormed through the hallway, making my out of the school. I whipped off some of the tears, when I saw Iris standing all by herself on the field.

"Hey, babe!" She yelled as she waved at me. I walked past her without looking at her.

"Babe?" She yelled and followed me. "What's wrong? Why are you ignoring me?"

"What's wrong?!" I yelled and turned around. "I guess I should ask you?!" I said and she looked at me confused but I know better than that.

"I really believed you had changed since you moved her but I guess you haven't... I really thought you loved me but I guess you're just great at acting! Am I not good enough for you? Am I not enough for you?" I yelled at her as more tears streamed down my face.

"W-what are you talking about?" She asked ass tears started to build up in her eyes.

"During the break I went to the bathroom and when I entered, I could hear someone moaning in the last cabin. I looked and saw your handbag under the door... a few moments later Max came out of the cabin all sweaty and smiling. Does that ring a bell? I was really confused this morning when he greeted you but now all pieces fall in their place! Once a slut, always a slut... you're the living proof!" I yelled and ran away, Iris was now left alone once again. I ran to my house and locked myself in my room.

**Ashton's POV**

The boys, Amber and I sat on the couch decided what to do while watching some television. We were also waiting for Iris and Luke to come home. After a couple of minutes watching an episode of Master Chef Australia, I got a text. I grabbed my phone and read the text.

From Iris♥: "Can you pick me up pwease :( xxx"

To Iris♥: "I'll be there in 5!xx" I pressed sent and told the guys I had to pick up our lovebirds.

I took my phone and car keys as I left the house and got in my car. The drive to the school was short and full of me singing along the song on the radio. I pulled up in the school's parking lot but only saw Iris standing. I punched my horn because her back was facing the car, she looked shocked as she turned around but eventually walked over.