13: Confess💛

𝓜𝓮𝓭𝓲𝓪: '𝓡𝓲𝓼𝓴𝔂' 𝓫𝔂 𝓓𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓭𝓸 𝓯𝓽 𝓟𝓸𝓹𝓬𝓪𝓪𝓷

Asa

"What the hell are you two doing?!"

To his credit, Amir didn't jump away from me.

I peeked around the wall of strong muscle and found a very alarmed, very confused Lola, standing in the hallway, looking at us like we had sprouted new heads.

I tried to calm myself. Maybe she hadn't seen us kiss yet.

"She was having a panic attack and I was trying to help out." Amir said stoically finally retracting himself from me, turning to face her nonchalantly and shoving his hands in his trousers.

"You were trying to help her out by sucking out the remaining breath in her lungs?"

I choked on my saliva. "You saw?"

"Of course I saw! I've been standing here for five fucking minutes, shocked out of my mind." She turned to Amir. "I can't believe you, Amir. Kam trusts you the most! Doesn't this go against your bro code or whatever?"

Amir's eyes flashed. "Don't talk about what you don't understand, Lola."

Lola flinched, shocked by Amir's cold reprimanding. She lowered her gaze. "Whatever. We've finished packing. We're ready to go."

When she left, Amir exhaled a frustrated breath, running a tired hand through his thick black hair. But when he turned to me, I was taken aback by the softness in his eyes. "Are you okay?"

Am I?

All my feelings and emotions were a mangled mix. I didn't even know what to feel anymore... I needed space.

He touched my cheek, making me look up at him. "I don't regret it, Asa." And placed a soft, gentle kiss on my lips before walking away.

I blinked once... Twice... Still struggling to comprehend what was going on.

Amir likes... Me?

Is this a big fat joke?

But he's Kam's best friend!

Kam ..... Oh God, Kam!

My heartbeat accelerated as guilt pounded in my veins.

I had kissed Amir behind Kam's back.

The reality slammed into me like a two hundred pound sledgehammer.

I walked out in a daze.

Stepping into the light, I found everyone playing and laughing among themselves. Amir sat away from the rest of the group in his usual, reserved manner, typing something on his phone.

And then, I saw Kam.

He was talking with Jemi and Jemi said something that made him double over in laughter. Loud bursts of air, stemming from his stomach, tearing his lungs and escaping his mouth. I admired the way he held his stomach while laughing, like he couldn't contain the laughter, chocolate brown hair, falling over his forehead.

Kam.

I suddenly felt sick.

Why had I kissed Amir?