40: Trust me🤝

Dedicated to @JustSomeTeenagee. A beautiful happy birthday to you, even tho this is coming in late♥︎♥︎

And claudia-143 thank ypu so much for the beautiful cover. I like eet!!🥰

Asa

Just then, the door barged open. "Hey, Asa! I was thinking-"

Kam stopped short when he saw that I was alone with Amir.

In his embrace....

Shit!

His eyes snapped to Amir and I quickly let go, not wanting to complicate things.

"The fuck are you doing, Amir?" His voice was deathly quiet. There was that look in his eyes again.

The look he had when he found me in the bathroom with Teriq.

Amir sighed, shoving his hands in his pockets and I was honestly shocked at how calmly he was gazing back into Kam's deadly eyes.

When he spoke, his voice was clear, precise... Repentant. "There's nothing going on, Kam. I understand my boundaries now and I won't intrude on the both of you anymore."

"Well your boundaries need to include keeping your hands to your damn self."

I felt the temperature in the room drop by a hundred degrees, afraid to even take a breath as I watched their stare-down, the hairs on the back of my neck, standing.

"I understand. Sorry for any... Inconveniences." Amir finally said, in the end. He turned to me now, and nodded at me in that manner as if asking, "you'll be okay?"

"Definitely." I whispered.

His eyes softened for a moment, a wistful smile, gracing his lips and he opened his mouth, about to say something more but quickly caught himself, closing up again. He gave me one last glance, before he turned around and walked out.

The door clicked shut. Kam looked like he was a second away from losing his shit.

His mouth was clamped shut as he breathed uneasily through his nostrils and gritted teeth.

My heart crept into my throat, slamming inside me at the impending outburst.

He suddenly closed his eyes rubbing his face, tiredly, letting out a low groan of defeat. "Fuck!"

"Kam?" I whispered, trying to reach out to him but he stopped me.

"No. No, Asa... Just... I need a minute." He ran his hands through that eternally messy mop of chocolate hair, his eyes closed as he gazed up to the ceiling, looking like he was counting under his breath.

I gulped. "Kam..."

He didn't reply for almost a moment.

"I don't want to fucking feel like this." He finally said, his voice... He sounded like he was reigning in so much pain... So much anger. "I don't want to get so damn suspicious when I see the two of you, together. I don't want to feel so threatened."

My heart dropped to my stomach.

"The two of you were just hugging, yeah?"

Unable to talk, I nodded.