29: Void🌉

Beautiful cover by Qhupid_247 Thanks for the cover, b!!♥️

****Pls rd the looong author's note at the end. Contains info on my next update and some issues I want to clear up.****

Asa

I pinched my cheek slowly as I stared at my reflection in the vanity mirror, silently wondering if last night had really happened.

Last night.

I had woken up, last night, to find Kam beside me. One thing led to another and we had rolled around in the sheets.

Again.

I just couldn't control myself when it came to Kam.

"You're beautiful, Asa." He had whispered, looking into my eyes, hovering above me as I got sucked into seas of brown and honey and passion, naked chest beating heavily against mine as he panted, drinking me in. "Fucking beautiful."

People describe their first time with their lovers and they describe it as painful at worst, awkward at best, nothing too glamorous, overhyped... But our first time had been beautiful. Perfect. Golden.

I touched my neck, closing my eyes. Imagining and remembering his touch. Grabbing me. Caressing me... Worshipping me. And I still felt him. Tasted him. Breathed him in.

Mine.

Where is he?

Suddenly, the door creeked open and I looked up.

Kam.

He looked different. Kind of pissed.

"Hey." I stood up, hesitantly. "Are you okay?"

Something was wrong. He stood at the door, observing me with hooded eyes. Suspicion and disbelief swirling in them. His gaze remained on me but he kept his distance.

I took a step towards him, my heart slamming in my chest. "What's wrong?" Dread made my saliva thicken, a lump forming in my throat.

He rubbed his face tiredly and when he looked at me again, his eyes looked sad. Exhausted. "Can we stop all this bullshit." His voice was tired. Rough. Broken. Almost like a groan.

My heart crept into my throat. I gulped, freezing in my tracks as I stared at him with large eyes.

He gestured helplessly between the both of us. "You, me. This thing we're doing to each other," he continued and with every word he uttered, this boy slashed my heart to pieces. "Can we just stop it?"

"Why?" I whispered.

He frowned. "What do you mean 'why'?"

I took a shaky breath, willing not to crumple to the ground under his gaze.

Forever and ever. You promised.

"If you're going to break up with me, you might as well tell me why, Kam."

His eyes suddenly bulged, surprised shock and disbelief, taking over his features and he quickly walked over to where I was, taking my face in his hands.