34: Game Night🎲🎮🧩

Chapter specially dedicated to Iyanuoluwa-Temi for the amazing covers. Thanks b!!! I love them so much.

Also, this shoutout goes to chidihc pls, check out her book 'Framed' if u ever hv the chance. Definitely for lovers of mystery and thriller.

Asa

I was coming down the stairs with lola that evening when I heard the noise.

"Yes! I win, for the thirteenth time! Take that, motherfuckers!!" Kosi screamed at the top of her voice, whipping the cushion on the ground like she just scored a touchdown and doing a little victory dance, sticking out her tongue at Jordan and Dave, who she had been playing 'Mario Kart' with.

"This game is stupid anyway." Dave grumbled, getting up from his spot on the floor and stretching his legs.

"So, as I was saying, Liya, I prefer the dusky gold to the sunset yellow. It brings out the colour of your skin." Lola was talking to Haliya on the phone.

It still surprised me how freely they talked to that wicked witch. One time, I had walked in on Jordan and Dave in the middle of a video call with Haliya and Zain. And Lola talks with Haliya on a daily, so it didn't even come as a surprise to me anymore when I saw them talking on the phone.

And Kam... Yes, my insecurity had actually gotten the best out of me and I checked out Kam's dms with Haliya. It had all been very platonic but it was the fact that they kept in touch that troubled me...

They were... Friends.

My friends were friends with my enemy.

And they were all good people...

How do they hang out with that... Vile creature? How can they stand her?

"Yo, is Devon still coming?" Dave's voice pierced through my thoughts, asking Osahon who was coming out of the kitchen with a bottle of Pepsi.

"Yeah. Should be coming any minute."

As if on cue, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Kosi announced, skipping over to the door.

Devon stepped in with Sahar, holding up a bunch of bags and a board game. "We brought snacks!" He informed us, holding up the paper bags for everyone to see.

"Really, dude? KFC?" Jordan moaned. "You're my new best friend."

"I thought it was Kam?" I asked him.

He laughed. "Kam, who?"

"I heard that!" Kam lobbied a cushion at him that he dodged, laughing.

"Hey, Asa." Sahar greeted me. I noticed her glancing over at Jemi who was retreating into the gameroom with the other guys. "Sorry for tagging along. I don't know if that's okay with the rest of you."

"Why wouldn't it? You're welcome here, Sahar. Especially after you helped me out that night with the whole Teriq situation.

She paled, hiding her face. "Geez, I'm so ashamed of him right now. Thank God he's on his way to Spain at the moment."

I gave her a puzzled look and she seemed to read the question on my face. "Devon told his dad what happened. Popsi got mad and booked him a flight to Spain in case you decided to blow the whistle on 'im."