03: Nudes🍑

Kam

"Let's get the heck out of here." Lola said, shivering. All the others murmured their agreement.

I was heading to my car when my phone chimed a text. I took out my phone, nearly tripping on my own feet when I discovered it was from Ariel.

Nude.

No, nudes.

We had been texting a bit more in the past days, most times, I was filled with so much nostalgia from missing my childhood friend that I actually considered the idea of paying her a visit once.

She was into fashion and modelling and her instagram account was brimming with pictures of her in sensual outfits, tiny bikinis and sometimes, nudes. She had a great body and she enjoyed flaunting her God-given curves.

"I need your help." She said when I answered her call, a few moments later.

"What do you need my help for?"

"I'm modelling for a big brand and I saw some of the shots they took of me. I want to frame one and keep for myself, so which one should I pick."

I blew out an exasperated breath. I really didn't need this kind of shit right now. "I dunno, Ari. "

She sighed, like she was expecting my response. "Okay... Anyway, when do we get to meet. I miss you. I remember how we used to be and I just want to see you again."

"Ariel-"

"Please." I could picture her sad pout.

I sighed, wanting to get over with this shit and hopefully find a way to talk with Asa. "Okay. Fine." I answered in a "whatever" tone.

There was silence at her end for a moment, I thought she hung up. The next time she spoke, I could tell she was hurt. "Why're you acting like this, Kam. I'm reaching out to you and you're just pushing me away. What do I have to do to get my friend back? Is that so much to ask? I miss you, goddammit!"

The force in her voice made me stop and understand her a bit. She had been the one to offer her number when we first met at my mother's party. She stalked me on Instagram, found my number and texted me. She was always the first one to initiate conversations while I just went with it. She was trying so hard to keep our bond strong and I was acting like I didn't care... Like we never had a bond in the first place. "Ariel, I'm so sorry. I miss you too. I swear."

She breathed. Her voice grew softer. "You're still as brutally honest as always. You've not changed, Kam and I like that... I really do... Sometimes, I swear I can still feel you."

We were entering dangerous territory now and I knew I should stop her. But I didn't.

"It's never been the same after you." She laughed softly. "Fuck, I feel like I'm losing my mind. Your girlfriend is one lucky bitch. I hope she knows."

"My girlfriend." I sighed wistfully, picturing Asa's beautiful face. "I hope she knows too."

"I know what?"

I whipped around at that arctic cold voice and I found fiery icy eyes, freezing me on the spot.

"Sheesh, is that her? I'll talk to you later, Kam. And chose a pic. I really need your opinion on this."

And she hung up.

"Who was that?" Asa asked. Her voice was eerily calm and the only emotion I was able to detect was the cold fire in her eyes and I wondered just how much of our conversation she had heard.