42: 7 rings💍

Kam

"Ah! How cool is this, Kam? You get to sleep over at my place. This is like middle-school all over again!" She was squealing excitedly, nearly bouncing off her seat in excitement.

Fuck.

I cursed under my breath and she noticed.

The entire car got silent.

"You know, you should loosen up, Kam." She said quietly, placing a soft hand on my thigh. "I understand you're in love with Asa. I'll be on my best behaviour. I promise."

I raised an eyebrow at her hand on my thigh and she retracted her hands slowly. "I'm sorry. I really am." She bit her lip, repentant.

I sighed, trying to relax. We were a good five minutes from her doorstep and my nerves kept acting up. Going off like crazy.

I knew I needed to relax before I lose my mind.

Parking the car in front of her highrise apartment, she guided me into the building, through the elevator until we were standing in front of her door.

I took a deep breath and walked into her apartment, the scent of roses and lavender, enveloping my senses. I breathed in, immediately calming down.

Looking around the moderate sized living room, I had to nod in appreciation.

"Nice place you got here, Ariel." I told her, admiring the purple and pink, Ariana Grande's 7 Rings inspired theme, she had going on.

"Thanks, Kam. Courtesy of my manager while I stay in Offshore for work." She blushed, rubbing her elbows nervously. "Uh... I have charmamoil and green tea. It'll help calm you down a bit more... If you want, though, I could make some."

I stared at her for a while, wondering why she was suddenly so shy and compliant.

"Sure, Ariel." I sat back on a plush watermelon-red recliner, taking out my phone, deciding to call Asa and inform her we had arrived safely.

I noticed my battery was almost dead and when Ariel emerged from the kitchen, with a tray of fancy chinaware, I asked for a charger.

"Sorry, that's a Samsung you got, right? I'm using an iPhone. An older model for that matter. The charger won't fit."

Sighing, I tucked my phone back in my pocket and watched her prepare the tea in my presence. When she handed me my cup, I took it from her, adding extra sugar and cream than was deemed healthy.

"You know diabetes is real, right?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Huh?" I looked at her, bringing the cup to my lips, feigning ignorance.

She rolled her eyes, making a funny face and I laughed at her expression.

I spent the rest of the night worried out of my mind and trying to calm down my nerves that were going crazy, before the tea started working its magic and I started feeling calmer. Light headed.

Later, she showed me to the guest room, where I retreated for the night.

I tried calling Asa again but this time, her line was switched off.