16: Sea and Stars🌊🌌

(вєαutíful вєαutíful cσvєr, вч Truewriter2020!! í lσvє чσu ѕσ much, ѕíѕ. thαnk чσu!!!)

Kam

Offshore beach was even cleaner and cooler than the beach on the Island.

I held Asa's hand, fingers entwined in mine, as we walked across the beach, our feet, digging into the sand. Cool evening breeze, sending her scent curling into my nostrils.

Her hands were soft in mine, and I still couldn't believe she was here. Alone with me.

But we were on borrowed time and in two weeks, she'd be leaving, and the realization saddened me a little.

I knew things were far from perfect between us but we were together tonight and that was enough.

"This is where it all started." I laughed softly. "Well, not here, exactly... But it was You. Me. The sea and stars."

"I remember." Her voice was soft as she stared at the crashing waves. "You were talking about the stars and miracles and spewing crap from those lips."

"Crap that you now believe in."

She had a soft, serene smile on her wine red lips.

We sat together on the sand, as she let me pull her to my chest, encased between my legs.

"I've missed you, Asa."

She was quiet for a moment. "Me too, Kam."

I sighed, leaning back until my back hit the tree trunk. "I dont think you understand. I missed you so much, it fucking hurts." My heart panged painfully as I remembered how I was these past few days. How terribly lonely and empty I felt without her. "I'm so obsessed with you, I can't think straight when you're not around. It's like I need to breath you in, Asa."

Her steady breathing. Her hair. Her scent. Her. Everything about her was maddening and intoxicating.

"You wield so much power over me, it's terrifying to think about it but I just can't help how I feel about you. I'm sorry if I hurt you with the things I said. I swear, I wish I could go back and take back my words. Eat them before I spewed them out."

The evening wind picked up and I was glad she agreed to put on my hoodie before heading out.

"All those things I said, Asa, I'm so sorry. I was scared of the thought of losing you when I just found you." I hugged her closer to me as she rested her back against my chest. "These past few days, I've not been myself. I'm nuts without you. I want you with me. I need you with me. It's not even an option for me anymore. I can't stop feeling this way about you, even if I tried. You're the one for me, Asa and I don't care what happens but I'm never giving you up."

"Kam-" her voice .

"The thing is, I know I can't have you forever and I know we don't have enough time left together until you have to go. I'm grasping at straws now but I'll take anything I can get at this point. Stay with me until you have to leave."

Asa laughed softly. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about, Kam. That's why I came over that night, in the first place."

I froze, my heart wouldn't stop beating wildly against my chest.