45: friendship Bracelets💞

Asa

"Asa. Wake up." I woke up to Kosi, gently nudging me awake from my afternoon nap.

I yawned, stretched and rubbed my eyes. "What?" I looked up to find Kosi looking at me, a soft, repentant look in her eyes.

I sat up. "Hey."

I grimaced, taking in her fully dressed apparel, a duffel bag rested on her shoulders. Black shades sat prettily on her nose.

"You're leaving." I finally said.

She sighed, nodding and plopping down on my bed. "Yes. I can't take this shit anymore. This house is running me mad. I don't even recognize myself anymore. Fuck, I can't stand him anymore."

"And yet you fucked him." I deadpanned.

"That was before we fought!" She defended.

"C'mon, Kosi, let it go. He was drunk, confused and hurt."

She sighed, rubbing her eyes. "Look, I'm not going to hash this out with you anymore. I can't forget the way he made me feel, Asa. You guys always told me to leave Trev at the first sign of danger. I didn't listen amd now I've got scars and bruises to show for that. Asa, I'll be damned before I ever let someone who has hurt me back into my life. That shit hurt and I don't want to be a fool and go through it again by letting him in. I've done enough of that shit with Trev."

I kept shut, understanding where she was coming from.

"... So, you guys are going to be what now? Strangers?"

She looked down, sadly, twisting her silver friendship bracelet, resting snugly on her wrist. "It's going to be hard, Asa." She whispered quietly, closing her eyes, as if she was in great pain, she let out a heartbreaking sigh. "So hard... You have no idea how much it hurts to even be mad at him."

Her voice cracked at the end, a clear indication that she wanted to cry but she cleared her throat and sucked it back in. "But who gives a fuck? Shit happens."

I looked at her, sadly. "So... When are you leaving?"

She shrugged. "Maybe tomorrow. I'm meeting with my manager later today to renew my contract with Quintessence cosmetics. That's why I'm dressed like this."

I gulped, understanding. "So... You're just gonna cut your holiday short?"

"Yeah. I have a shoot in the next two days, in Calabar. There's a gala event in Ikoyi in four days. After that, I'll be leaving for Milan to promote Miss Majesty. Mom is organizing a three month campaign for the whole thing, but the way I see it, I'll be gone for most of January, so don't miss me too much and don't go get another best friend. You hear?"

I smiled sadly at her. This happens once in a while, where Kosi had to leave for long periods of time to promote her clothing lines, make appearances for fans or in music videos or ads, or pose for big brands and magazines.

How she manages to do all this and still maintain decent grades in school amazes me every time.

"I have to leave tomorrow... I just didn't want you thinking I would have flaked out if it wasn't important. You're the only one still talking to me at the moment." A wistful smile graced her lips. "Well... You and Jordan... So, you deserve to know."

She still kept wringing her bracelet, sadly.

"Are you going to keep wearing that?" I finally asked, looking at the bracelet on her wrist.

"This?" She grinned at me, raising her arm up, where the silver bracelet twinkled on her wrist. "I don't know. Maybe?"

She snorted and continued. "Do you have any idea how much these cost. Fuck, I won't stop wearing it because of a petty fight. It's a fashion statement."