22: BeachHouse Party 👙🎉🎊

Kam

Those girls were CRAZY! Nearly giving us a heart attack as we drove over to Devon's place that was a good five miles from our own home.

Yeah, here in offshore, the concept of 'nextdoor' is distorted.

Asa would circle around us at high speed, like she was taunting me, taking sharp bends and doing complete three-sixties, three times in a row, while Kosi and Lola screamed at the top of their voices from where they sat at the windows, holding on to the hood, hollering and cheering and laughing like it was all a big fat fucking joke, singing along to Bitch Better Have My Money, blaring from the speakers.

Jemi looked like he was about to have a cardiac arrest and die, his face, going white with petrified fear when Asa did another three-sixty in front of us. He poked his head out of the window and shouted at them, "I swear to God, I'm taking my damn lambo back when we get home! Stop that!"

They only laughed in response, Kosi, shoving her middle finger in the air and screaming at the top of her voice. "Fuck you, daddy!" As the car zipped away.

Jemi ran a worried palm over his head and rubbed his face in frustration. "Those damn girls will be the death of me."

"You and me both," I gulped, deciding that Asa would be riding with me when we were coming back.

The other boys were chuckling at our expense... Except Amir, who kept glancing at me through the rearview mirror, with this frustrated expression on his face.

I frowned, getting worried. What could be troubling him so badly? Literally nothing gets under his skin.

I shrugged it off, deciding I'd just ask him later.

We arrived about ten minutes after the girls did, pulling up in front of a huge classy villa with a large swimming pool and aesthetic gardens.

The girls were already there, leaning against Kosi's car and a group of guys were trying to talk with them.

I gritted my teeth, parking haphazardly and jumping out of the truck, slamming the door shut.

"Hey, hey! Easy on my baby!" Jordan protested.

I only responded by showing him the finger.

Asa noticed me coming over, a calm smile  stretching over her face.

"You nearly gave me a fucking heart attack!" I all but yelled.

"We won the race!" She said, excitedly, like she didn't just hear what I said.

"There was never a race, Asa." I deadpanned.

She shrugged cooly. "Whatever. I want a prize."

Sighing through my nostrils, I decided to humour her. "What do you want?"

"Ice cream!"

It was impossible to stay mad at her when she was acting like a hyperactive three year old, so I pulled her to me, laughing softly. "You got it."

We walked into the huge house, pulsing with the beat of DJ Neptune's Nobody, the catchy beat, bouncing off the walls and I hummed along to some of the lyrics I knew, brushing up on my pidgin English.

'Cause e be you I want.
(E be you I dey want o)
And to prove my point.
I go risk it all o.