26: Dance🎶

Y'all be voting and supporting and making my damn day. Thank you!!✨

Asa

"I can't promise you something I'm already pathetically failing at, Asa... But I'll try."

His hand went around my waist, pulling me to his side as we walked out of the kitchen, into the living room.

I noticed Kosi was sitting on Devon's lap, on one of the couches, laughing and smiling genuinely to whatever he was saying and he was staring at her like she was the only girl alive in the entire universe.

Oops. Jemi may not like that.

We found a spot for ourselves on the dancefloor, August Alsina and Nicki Minaj's No love, booming from the speakers. The bass, vibrating through my heart, accelerating my heartbeat.

Amir fitted himself perfectly behind me, my hips to his, my back to his front. I tried hard not to think too much of his big, warm arms, gripping my hips, his rock solid chest against my back as we began swaying to the music.

Dancing came easily to me. All I had to do was lose myself to the music and let my body do its own thing. I was vaguely aware of my butt, directly in front of his crotch and the fact he didn't grope me or act lewdly. His head dropped to the crook of my neck and my right hand unconsciously went up to grip the hair close to his neck as I continued rocking my hips to the beat of the music.

I was aware of his heartbeat racing out of control now, his ragged breathing hitching every now and then, with every swing of my hip against his.

Suddenly, his grip on my hips tightened and he swung me around to face him. His eyes reminded me of stars and stardusts, exploding in and out of existence. His strong jaw was tightly clenched like he was trying hard not to yell.

"Can we talk outside? I can't think straight." He said, gruffly, leaning down to whisper in my ear.

Confused, I only nodded, allowing him to whisk me away.

On the balcony outside, he kept his distance from me, gripping the railing tight, the muscles of his hand, bulging, eyes shut tight and breathing deeply through his nostrils like he was counting from one to ten, to steady himself.

"Sorry, I just need a minute."

"Amir, I swear, I don't understand you sometimes." I frowned at him, moving to lean against the thin railing.

He kept clenching and unclenching his jaw, muttering under his breath and I knew he was struggling to rein something in.

I just don't know what that thing was.

When his eyes snapped open to look at me, the frustration was still clear in them.

"Sorry, I know I'm acting like a psychopath now."

"What's the problem, Amir?"

He gave me a baffled look. "You are my problem, Asa. Isn't it obvious? In there, your scent was everywhere. Driving me fucking nuts."

He ran his hand through his hair now, deep in thoughts and I noticed he did that a lot when he got frustrated.

He suddenly stepped closer to me now, his eyes looked firm. Like he had made a decision. "Look, Asa... I'm not going to ask you to leave Kam for me."

That was never even an option.

"And I know you love him... But can a 'no-strings-attached' relationship work between us? Can I be your number two?"