Chose Me

January 28, 2037
12:23 p.m
Kind POV

Me and the kids were out at the park

Me and the kids were out at the park. A'Jayla and Ahmir really needed some fresh air, they were always in the house.

I watched as Dream and Kaizer carefully pushed them on the swings. Javontae don't come around that much no more. He does call for the kids every chance he gets.

But that's it. He does him and I do me. And it was for the best.

I felt eyes on me and I looked back seeing a little babygirl. She looked no older than two. I smiled at her and she came around to stand in front me.

"Um are you ok? Where are your parents?" I asked.

"Sky!" Somebody yelled and I turned around seeing a nigga rushing over to her.

"What I tell you bout running off like dat?" He asked picking her up. I wanted to say something but just decided not to.

The little girl looked at me and smiled and I returned one. The boy looked at me and then at her.

"Did she do something? And if she did I'm so sorry." He said and I shook my head.

"She didn't do anything." I said and he nodded. She looked back at my kids before giggling.

"You wanna go play to?" He asked her and she nodded. He started walking over there and she started whining. She's a shy one.

"Hey." I said and the boy turned around to look at me.

"Sky? Is her name?" I asked and he nodded.

"Sky those are my kids I promise you they are sweet." I said and she just stared at them.

"Come on." I said reaching for her. She came to me and I walked over there. She held onto me tight and I knew she was scared.

"AJ, Mir this is Sky." I said and they looked at each other. They smiled trying to get out the swings.

"Oh o- hold on y'all get them outta there." I said to Kai and Dream. They took them out the swings and put them on they're feet. I tried to put Sky down but she held onto me.

A'Jayla came up to me looking at her. She gave her a toy she had and I smiled. I tried to put Sky down again and this time she allowed me to.

Ahmir pointed to a little sandbox and the three of them ran over there.

"Do we have to keep watching them?" A'dream asked and I laughed.

"No, y'all can go do what y'all wanna do now." I said and her and Kai walked away. I went to sit in another area where I could see the three of them.

"So you just took my kid?" The boy asked coming to sit down beside me. I laughed shaking my head.

"I'm sorry, she just was so shy, I just wanted to help her out." I said and he nodded.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Kind, yours?" I asked.

"DaKari." He said and I nodded. My phone started ringing and I seen it was Tae. I looked at the kids as they played in the sand. I declined it, I was just gonna call back when we got home.

Sky got out the sand coming over to him.

"Mama." She said and he sighed.

"Why you need yo mama?" He asked and she didn't say anything just got back in the sand.

"Uh I'm nosy so if you don't mind me asking, where's her mom?" I asked.

"Out being hoe." He said.

"I left our house one day came back and she had all these niggas over. While my daughter was there. I was gone all day, working my ass off just to come home to that shit. She didn't even feed my baby or have a care in the world to at least check on her. So I took her and we left." He said.

I frowned at what he said. He's way to nice.

"Did you at least yell at her, slap her?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I don't like doing that. I feel like that's disrespectful even if they did wrong." He said and I smiled a bit.

"Oh lord you're to sweet. Couldn't have been me. Woulda beat her ass and them niggas." I said and he laughed.

"You a fighter? You seem a lil crazy." He said.

"Yes I am a fighter or was. I try not to do that shit anymore. Oh and yeah I'm crazy." I said.

"Oh and since we was being nosy it's my turn, where is they dad?" He asked and I sighed.

"I don't know, but I could care less. I had to let him go, he had been cheating on me for the longest. And he doesn't even care to help me out at all. I was basically a single mother already." I said and he nodded.

"I just need help, but my little brother and his lil girlfriend, I think of her as a sister. They help me out as much as they can. But I can't always use them. They are kids, they got stuff they wanna do and I just be taking they time away." I said shaking my head.

"But anyway, everything's good now. As long as his ass don't come back around." I said and he laughed.

My phone started ringing again and I seen it was Tae. I sighed before answering.

"So you ain't see me calling the first time?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes Tae I did I was just gonna wait until me and the kids got home." I said.

"Where y'all at?" He asked and I scrunched up my face.

"Now why the fuck would I tell you?" I asked and he laughed.

"Where my kids?" I asked.

"Playing." I said.

"Can I speak to them?" He asked.

"When we get back home now bye." I said before hanging up.

"Uh DaKari it's time for us to go, it was nice to meet you and your daughter." I said with a smile.

"Nice to meet y'all too." He said.

"Uh can I have your number? The kids can maybe play together again?" I asked and he nodded. I gave him my phone and he gave me his.

After we exchanged numbers I got up going over to AJ and Ahmir.

"Come on y'all it's time to go." I said and they frowned.

"Don't start this shit, y'all can play together again I promise. But come on it's time to go." I said and they got out the sand. I dusted them off and then came A'dream and Kaizer.

"Y'all ready? We finna leave." I said and they nodded.

"Ight y'all say bye Sky." I said and they waved goodbye to her.

"Alright bye DaKari Imma call soon, maybe." I said and he nodded then we left.

AJ and Mir have a new friend 🥰
DaKari 👀
Y'all chose nigga numba one so that's what he look like.
Lemme know how y'all felt about this chapter
Hope y'all liked it
Vote and comment
Love you guys
Brace Face Nia 💙💙💙