Chapter 4

Authors POV

After 2 days...

The longing of a mother for her baby and baby for her mother continued.

Jaya's breast was filled with milk for her daughter, but her daughter was not there for sucking her breast hungrily.

Every day she craved for her baby, to kiss her to feel her soft skin, to ravish her sweet smell, to feed her. She cried every night by holding her daughter's towel, which she didn't let her mother take with her.

Her milk filled breast was in pain every day she has to squeeze out the milk from it to reduce her pain. She was drowning in guilt with every drop of milk oozing out from her breast. This always made her worry about her daughter 'is she crying for me now? is she hungry? will she ever forgive me?'

Kumar was also not in a good shape, he couldn't concentrate in anything his head will always fill with his baby's cry, he wanted to feel her tiny body against him again, he wanted to see her smiling face again. But the truth is he couldn't he already failed that honor.

Aditya stopped talking to him, not that he is complaining. He knows he deserves it. Jaya is silent nowadays whenever he notices her, her eyes will be puffy and red.

Among everyone only one person was happy, obviously, it will be Devaki. She was way much happy to know that the baby is not going to be in her house. She told everyone that Jaya had a miscarriage and acted heartbroken in front of everyone.

Kamala was having trouble with Durga, the baby was crying for her mother, every day she will sleep tiredly by crying. Kamala couldn't see this anymore that poor baby didn't deserve this. she didn't know what to do.

The baby was craving for her mother, the only sound she heard from the moment she had her life was her mother's heartbeat. she was searching that sound everywhere but she couldn't hear that she craved for her mothers calming fragrance and warmth, but she couldn't find that also.

Aditya and his family visited Durga, Divya couldn't see the struggling of this baby. So Divya made a decision that from now on Divya will be Druga's mother she will feed her along with her daughter Nithya. Aditya was also happy by hearing this, but Kamala couldn't let her granddaughter be a burden to anyone.

"Divya thank you for your kindness dear, but I can't let Durga be anyone's burden anymore. You have your own baby to look after. I can't let you guys take her away from here." said Kamala

"Maa she will never be a burden to us, she is like a daughter to us maa. I'm calling you maa, so that makes me your daughter so why can't I be the mother of your granddaughter?" asked Divya

"Yes you are my daughter Divya but I can't let you guys take away Durga from me. She is my responsibility dear. I promised her parents, but I can't see her suffering like this. She is not even taking anything to fill her tummy. All she is doing is mourning for her mother" cried Kamala

"Ok maa we will not take her from here, but can I feed her?"

"Are you ok with that dear?"

"Of course maa I will never be this much happy" Divya's eyes filled with tears of happiness. The moment she laid her eyes on Durga her heart craved for that innocent soul to be her hands.

Divya started to feed Durga, first the baby was reluctant because she knew it was not her mother but her hunger beat her. She launched her mouth to Divya's nipple and sucked hungrily on it and went to sleep still drinking. That was the first peaceful sleep she had after separating from her mother.

"Poor baby, she was so hungry," Divya said sadly

She thought about Jaya, after that awful day she didn't call her 'how is she coping with the situation'