Chapter 16

Authors POV

Durga was sitting in the police van looking so sad and tears were rolling down her cheeks.

"Hey, baby why are you crying? aren't you happy to see your parents?" asked the police officer

"Yes, I am ha..happy bu..but am sad that I am lea..ving dad, mamma, Vishnu, Prithvi, Jagath and ... my Rudr" she sobbed hiding her face in her arms.

"Hmm.. don't cry baby you will meet them again" assured the policeman

"Really?" asked her looking at him with hope

"Yes baby now please don't cry" he wiped her tears " there, now give me that beautiful smile angel," said him, and Durga smiled at him.

She also hoped that it will happen one day she smiled at herself and slipped into a deep sleep.

When they reached the police station she was still sleeping so the policeman took her in his arms. Her parents were waiting for her with the hope that they will get there baby back without any harm.

As Jaya saw her baby in the police man's arms she ran towards them. she was looking so tired her eyes were red and puffy. She took her baby from his hands, Durga was awake by then.

"Baby.. oh my baby... I am sorry my love I am so sorry" cried Jaya and kissed Durga all over her face she searched her baby's body for any wounds.

"Baby are you ok did anyone harmed you,?" asked Jaya in concern

Durga was watching her mother and she saw the love of her mother for her and she hugged her mother and cried on her shoulder "I am sorry mamma I..I.. will not do that again" said Durga sobbing.

"Hey, baby please don't cry look mamma is here no one is going to take you away from mamma now. You are so safe in mamma's hands baby" said Jaya consoling her sobbing baby.

Kumar sat beside his wife and took his angel in his arms "Baby I thought I lost you again," said him he was also crying. Durga wiped his tears and said "No dada I am here with u I will not ran away from you again" and hugged him.

"Why did you do that baby? mamma and dada was so scared for you why did you run away from us" asked Jaya

"Mamma I thought you all will hate me for killing grandma," said Durga looking down

Kumar lifted his angel's head and said "Baby you didn't kill anyone grandma was ill and we don't hate you, my baby, you are a pure soul how can someone hate you my princess. we all love you." said Kiran and hugged his wife and daughter.

Adithya and Divya were also there watching them. They also wanted to hug there baby but the restrained their urge and respected the family.

They inquired about Durga's whereabouts in these days to the police "She was in safe arms Mr. Kumar, and don't worry they did take good care of her. They got her from an alley some bad people were about to harm her but they rescued her from them, but sorry I can't give you their details." said the officer.

"Its ok officer please inform them that we are so grateful to them for what they did to our daughter. Thank you, officer," said Kumar and shake hands with the officer

"You are welcome Mr. Kumar and angel don't do that again. This world is so cruel than you think ok. So please don't do that again for you and for your family" said the police officer and caressed Durga's hair. Durga nodded her head and whispered a sorry.

Durga was sleeping in Jaya's lap when they reached Kamala's house. Divya took her in her arms.

"Jaya she is here now please don't cry again," said Divya consoling Jaya.