Chapter 32

Druv's POV

Nayana was my best friend from kindergarten, we used to share everything. She knows about my dudu and she always says that she loves my dudu very much and wishes to have a sister like her. But as years passed my feelings for her have changed... I don't know what should I call it... I tried to ignore it... but whenever she comes in front of me I will get mesmerized by her... her smile, her eyes, her lips... all these was doing some weird things with my heart. I realized that I was in love with her and I was afraid about her reaction... so I started to avoid her.

Whenever she comes near me to talk, I just ignored her presence and will talk to others...

She tried many times to talk with me but I will say some lame excuses...

One day I was talking with Priya one of my classmate and suddenly someone dragged me from there and it was none other than Nayana. Priya stopped her and they both started to argue.

Flashback

"What is your problem Nayana? We were talking don't you have any manners?" asked Priya to Nayana

"I don't care about anything he is my friend and I have all the right to do whatever I want. You stay out of this" shouted Nayana, I never saw her like this ever.

"He is my boyfriend!!" shouted Priya

'Boyfriend?? when? god, I am dead' I looked at Nayana shaking my head no. She was fuming with anger and was ready to swallow me alive.

"Is that so Mr. boyfriend?" she asked in a mocking voice "Oh I am sorry for disturbing you two love birds, please continue..." she said with tears flowing from her eyes but still her voice was stern, and walk out from there...

"Nayana... stop... it's not like that... Nayana..." I ran behind her and hold her hand.

"Leave me Druv... go talk to your girlfriend..." she said trying to free her hands from me, but I dragged her to the corner and hold her shoulder

"Nayana please listen she is not my girlfriend..."

"Oh stop it Druv... your behavior clearly shows that she is your girlfriend and you were... you were avoiding me because of her... really Druv... because of her... our friendship was that silly to you... did you thought I will come between your relation..." she started to shout at me, enough of this I closed her mouth with my hand.

"Can you just shut your mouth and hear what I have to say?" I asked glaring at her and she was silently crying.

I sighed and took my hands from her mouth and wiped her tears "Nayana... she is no one... yes I avoided you but it was because of you not because of her or anyone else... I avoided you because... because I am in love with you Nayana..." I yelled and she just stared at me with amusement.

"I was afraid to confess it... I was afraid that you will leave me if you know about my feelings... I'm sorry Nayana... I didn't mean to hurt you..." she didn't say anything.

"Say something... anything... shout at me... please Nayu... please..." still no response, she closed her eyes tightly pushing me aside and ran away from there...

Flashback ends

And now she is avoiding me like a plague. But I will not back out from my mission, if she wants me as her friend then I will be...

My Nayu, my angel she was looking so beautiful in her beautiful golden top and white skirt...

I was looking for an opportunity to talk to her and there she was sitting alone in the verandah of the temple.