Chapter 22

Author's POV

After 8 years

Durga made a lot of friends she was kind and helping towards everyone. Never said no to anyone and will always support everyone. All her teachers loved her as their own daughter. She was one of the brilliant students in the class.

Her friendship with the AND group had become strong with these years. For everything, these children were one gang. AND group was Durga's backbone, it is where she finds her shelter from the cruelty of her grandma.

Devaki always finds a way to make Durga's life miserable. But in front of Nithya, she never dares to do anything. In front of society, Devaki was an ideal grandma for Durga but no one knows the truth.

And along with these her memory about her long lost family faded. She can't recall their faces properly its only blurred face in her mind but she always tries to recall her happy moments with them but every time she fails. She always worried that 'if they are fading from her memory then how will she find them back' 'had they also forgotten her'

Durga's POV

"Durga, come have your breakfast" mamma called me from outside and went to call our kumbakarnan my peanut Druv. He is studying in 5th standard but not in my school, Grandma let him go to the private school Nithya studied once. I still remember Druv crying for letting him go to my school but as always grandma doesn't listen.

I went to the dining table to have breakfast it was my favorite idiyappam and green peas curry I eagerly went to eat my breakfast and saw grandma sitting there smiling at me

'what, she is smiling I think today sun rise from the North' I thought because if grandma is smiling at me then that means something is wrong or she is going to do some evilness 'God give me the strength for whatever she is planning'

When I sat on the chair mamma came out and sat near me "Eat baby it's your favorite"

I smiled at her and started eating 'oh god it burns' and I started coughing the chilly in the curry is too much it is burning my mouth