Chapter 20

Durga's POV

The first day in school was so good. Athul helped me in everything and I gained 2 more friends Anjitha and Aswathy they two are so sweet girls and these girls are chatterboxes trust me they don't know how to shut their mouths. My class teacher Nila, she is also so good to me, she said she will help me with the portions I missed and let me take Athul's notebooks for writing the missed portions. Later in the evening dada came to take me back home. Anjitha promised me to bring her mamma's special aloo paratha. Aswathy promised to bring jamun's. We all said our byes and went home. I was so happy that I made three friends today and they are so good I can't wait to say about them to Nithya.

"Durga how was your school baby," mamma asked me kissing my cheeks

"Dudu " Druv ran to me with a wide smile on his face and hugged me "I missed u so much dudu"

"I missed u too my peanut," I said to him " mamma today was so good I loved the school soo much, and do you know I have made three friends there mamma Athul, Anjitha, Aswathy and see their names start with 'A'," I said happily to mamma and saw she smiling and Druv pouting

"Peanut what happened? why are you so sad?" I asked him in worry

"Dudu does not want me anymore she got new friends mamma" Druv cried hugging mamma

"Druv, who said I don't want you? you are my brother, my peanut and I love you so much" I said to him. it hurts to see tears in his eyes I love my brother way too much that I can never see tears in his eyes.

"Really you love me. you will not leave me for your friends?" he asked wiping his tears

"Yes pumpkin I love you and will never leave you," I said and hugged him

"Druv let her go and take a bath baby she is so tired," said dada taking Druv in his hands.

"Come baby mamma will help u to take a bath," mamma said and I went with her.

After taking a bath she gave me tea and cookies. "Mamma I have a lot to write Athul gave me his books and also I want to call Nithya, she will be sad that I didn't go to her school"

"Yeah call her baby she will be so sad. And I will help you with your notes" said mamma

"thank.." I tried to say someone cut me with a large roar

"JAYA I'm not feeding you for wasting your time for this useless pig. Look at these floors and windows clean it now and prepare the dinner. And who said you to give her tea and cookies these are for my prince not for this bloody rag" said grandma and took my cookies and tea from my hands and threw them to the floors "didn't I told you she has food at the school she will eat that from now on and you are not going to pack any food from this house for this useless thing from now on, why wasting my money when I know that it is not worth spending for this rag."

"And you bloody girl you are going to school on your own from tomorrow my son has better jobs than wasting his time for a useless thing like you," she said and pushed me aside from the chair and I hit my forehead on the table.

"ahh.. mamma" I cried

"what mamma haan? listen to me pig I don't want to hear any single word from that bloody mouth of yours shut it, I said SHUT IT" grandma roared in my face holding my shoulders tightly it hurts too much and I covered my mouth with my hands to stop making hiccupping sounds but I can't help it grandma frightens me too much I'm really afraid of her, god please help me.

"Maa, leave her she is a child," said dada running towards me and taking me away from grandma's hands

"What is your problem maa? why are you hating her this much?" asked dada holding me close to his chest and rubbing my back consoling me