Chapter 8

Annabeth POV

It's official, yesterday was the best day ever. Maybe not really but you get the point. I do not want to go into details for it will scar you for life. I'm serious.

Today, we have to train the campers. Now we get to see how good they are and how hard we have to work. I'm on duty for training them with swords but with the little kids instead. Can't wait! Please note the sarcasm.

Our army made our way to the mess hall. We got our on table there. When we got there everyone was wearing gloomy expressions except our army. It's probably because of the war. They look depressed, it's depressing to watch. Oh I just forgot to mention that Leo and Calypso joined the army! Their code names were Fire and Flower. Ironic isn't it. Luckily we have Leo to cheer us up with his jokes. I was carrying Caleb. I slid into a seat beside Leo and sat Caleb on my lap.

"Hey Caleb what do you want for breakfast?" I asked

He put on his cute little thinking face which made his eyebrows scrunch up together and said " I want eggs and bacon" he said adorably.

I got a plate for him and one for me and started feeding him breakfast. Chiron walked, or more like trotted to the front and said "Campers today the soldiers are going to train you for the war." He got some eager nods.

"They gave prepared some extra equipment for us. The training starts after breakfast." we were rewarded by cheers from the campers. We got some sharper swords, daggers, knifes and spears. We also got some bows and arrows.

"Tonight, there will be Capture the Flag. Soldiers against campers" continued Chiron. He was met with roaring approval by us. Even little Caleb was cheering. He is too cute! We are going to own them! The campers on the other hand looked quite uncomfortable. Sucks to be them.

TIME LAPSE TO THE MIDDLE OF TRAINING

"Good job Mark. Just try to grip your sword more." I said

He grinned up at me and nodded. The kids had picked out their new weapons. I hope they don't break it on the first day. It's so tiring to teach children how to fight. You have to stand out here in the hot sun. The training room on our planet is actually a room. I really need a shower now. To train little kids, you need a lot of patience, that I don't have. Not to mention there was so many of them.

I walked up to the front of the group and said "I think that's enough for today. Get some rest and go back to your cabins to discuss for Capture the Flag later tonight." They said their thanks and left.

I quickly left for my cabin. We really need to work on our strategy. We are gonna show those campers what we are made off!

Right before I entered the cabin, I heard someone call my name. What now? I just want to go and have a nice hot shower. I turned around and saw Thalia, Nico, Piper, Jason, Frank, Hazel, and Reyna hot on my trail. Looking very guilty might I add. I think I know where this is going.

"Yes" I said suspiciously.

They suddenly took an interest in their shoes. You could cut the tension with a knife.

"We just want to say that we're sorry" blurted Thalia, not being bake to take the silence anymore.

"We never ment it" said Nico

"I'm so so sorry" said Piper

"We truly are" said Reyna

"Please forgive us" said Jason

"I am terribly sorry" said Hazel

"We apologize" said Frank

I chuckled slightly to myself. "Guys it's alright. I forgive you. Don't sweat it" I told them. Instantly, they looked relived.

"So friends?" Asked Thalia uncertainly

"The very best" I replied

They cheered and I was pulled into a bone crushing hug. Then they started talking all at once.

" I missed you"

"You have no idea"

"Don't you disappear again"

"We really needed you Owl Head"

"I get it" I cut in. "I won't disappear again. Can we talk after Capture the Flag. I need a shower" I said

They laughed and bid me goodbye.

Finally that shower. The battle strategy can wait.

Guys I'm so sorry I didn't update in a while but I have Christmas parties like every day. So I'll try to update when I can.