22

"Y'You're there?"

Napanganga ako, bahagyang humiwalay sa pagkakayakap sa kaniya. I am trying to process what he just said but my mind can't accept a single data! It just won't sink in!

"Yes." Nanlumo na siya. "I was the one who called the ambulance. I badly want to help but my body was too stiffed to even move. I'm also traumatized from that incident."

"H-How.." I can't blink my eyes. I can't even find the right words now!

"Remember when I said that he's a buddy from my old school? He's been my closest friend. We've been into the same company too. I'm there when he threw a promotion party." He explained.

Now it all make sense. Why he approached me all of a sudden. How did he know CJ, why he talked like he can totally understand me about my pain.

"We're also partners during our youth services. Remember what Nanay Cora said about him?" He asked slowly. He's too careful with his words.

I slowly nodded. Naalala ko nga. I even heard her say that Christian's nickname's not CJ. Ako lang naman 'yong nagbigay sa kaniya noon.

"That night of the incident, I walked outside to find him dahil matagal siyang nawala. Hinahanap na siya ng mga bisita niya. So I decided to find him." He sighed, now bowing his head to avoid my eyes. "And I found him. In those situation."

"Are you mad at me?" He looked at me, reaching for my cheeks when he noticed that I am not talking.

Napailing ako kaagad. "N-No. I'm just confused."

"In Why I decided to help you move on?" He asked the question I also want to asked.

I nodded. "A-Are you just guilty and just felt pity with my situa--"

He gave me a peck on my forehead to cut me off. I closed my eyes for a moment to feel it. He then reached for my hand to squeeze it a little.

"No." He firmly said, looking at me. "I already know you since college. Christian never forgets to tell me anything about you. From the way you talk to the way you act and on how moody are you."

"He even ships us." He chuckled on that. Nahahawa ako sa pagngiti niya kaya hindi ko na rin maiwasang mapangiti.

"He told me that in case we'll meet during our adulthood," He pointed at me using his lips. "I should marry you."

"Because he don't want to marry you even if he likes you so much. Takot daw siyang masaktan ka. He instead want me dahil mapapanatag daw siyang hindi kita paiiyakin." He sadly smiled at me. "That's his one and only wish to me."

"At first, I was afraid that you may be creep out with me. I asked Ynna about you that's why she ended up nagging me to approach you when you left." He swayed our hands together, slowly.