24

"Stephanie, be careful!"

Cy shouted as he stalk me from behind. He's running as fast as he can to cope up with me. Halos himatayin na siya sa kasisigaw na mag-ingat ako dahil baka madapa ako bigla.

Hindi ko siya pinansin at nagpatuloy lang sa pagtakbo hanggang sa makarating sa pwesto ng pasyente. Lumuhod ako at bahagyang yumuko para pakinggan ang breathing rhythm niya.

"Name, Age, and pregnancy month of your wife, sir?" I asked the husband. He's gripping tightly at the left hand of his wife.

"Aki, 37, 7 months pregnant." Diretso ngunit kabadado siyang napasagot. "Are you a doctor?"

"Yes, she is." Si Cy ang sumagot sa tanong niya. Pumunta siya sa ulohan ng pasyente saka ginawang pang unan ang hita niya sa ulo nito. I saw him gazed at me by my peripheral vision for a second to question me. "Am I doing it right, Dra?"

I nodded, still focusing on the patient. She's wearing a grey leggings and tee cotton shirt. She's sweating too much, closing her eyes like she's been in a lot of pain.

"Ma'am?" I slightly pinched the space between her thumb and index finger, making her groan in pain. 

She's still conscious.

I get my phone at my pocket, opening the flashlight on it. Bahagya kong binuka ang magkabilaang mata at hindi na mapigilang mapakagat sa ibabang labi nang makitang hindi nag dilate ang pupils niya.

Tinawagan ko kaagad si LJ para tanungin siya tungkol dito. I'm not very confident with this one so I want to consult him. After all, even if he's still a resident, he can be mistaken as a professor doctor due to his high IQ.

I looked at the husband while the phone's still ringing. I gestured him to tell the people that's surrounding us to make space a little for the air to have an access to us.

[Issa?] He finally answered the call!

"Please help. There's a pregnant lady here at the park then she suddenly collapsed and her pupils were not respond---" I gasped for an air when I felt that I'm slowly losing it. "What should I--"

"Steph--" Napatingin ako kay Cy nang kabado niya akong tinawag. I looked at him with a bit of annoyance but it changes to a concerned one when I noticed him panic a little. "T-There's water."

"The fuck." I murmured under my breath.

[Issa.] LJ called my attention with his bold voice. He calmly took a deep breath before talking to me. [Relax. Tell me what's wrong.]

"The pregnant lady's water broke." I said with too much fear. Hindi ako sanay sa ganito!

I saw that the husband's starting to be hysterical, making me look at him with my serious eyes. I gestured him to quiet, afraid that I might not hear LJ's words.