27

"He's going to wake up, right? They're going to be fine, right?"

I've been asking Cy about them for the ninth time already and every single attempt of being hysteric, he'll look at me with his concerned eyes who's trying to calm me down.

I can tell--he's suffering because of me. His heart is being pierced everytime he'll caught even a single tear jumping out of my eyes. I can tell. He's very worried about me.

"They're going to be fine, okay?" Lumapit siya sa akin at hinalikan ako sa noo. That made me calm a little.

He then reached for my hand, wiping the crimson color from it with his black handkerchief. Slowly and softly--he's been stroking the fabric on my hand until the stains had finally disappeared from it.

"Here. Para hindi ka naman magmukhang serial killer." He cracked a joke to make me laugh and he didn't fail.

"Thank you." I smiled at him, hands were approaching to his cheeks to make him move towards me.

Hinalikan ko ang tungki ng ilong niya kahit na nagmumukha kaming PDA sa ER. Just this time, ayokong isipin ang iniisip nang iba tungkol sa akin. I just want to give my man a reward for being my shoulder.

Umupo kami sa may waiting area, nakatulala lang sa kawalan. Our cloths were already dry and so is our hairs. Wala na nga akong pakialam kung nabuhaghag na 'yon. Ang gusto ko lang naman ay ang maligtas si LJ at Laurie.

Maya-maya pa'y nakita ko si Ynna na naglalakad papunta sa direksyon namin, may dalang dalawang baso ng dark coffee galing sa cafeteria.

Nakasuot pa siya ng doctor's gown na pinaluoban ng grey sweater at mommy jeans. Halatang galing siya sa pag-iyak dahil namumula pa ang mukha niya. Maputi pa siya kaya mas madaling makita kung namamaga ba ang mata niya.

"Kape?" She gave us a small smile, offering the coffee she bought from the cafeteria.

Hindi ko inabot ang dala niya. Sa halip ay diretso ko siyang niyakap at hinagod ang likod niya. She looked shocked at first but when I whispered to her, she finally wail her pains again.

"It's okay. I know it's hard but he'll be fine. He's fine, Nana. Our LJ's a brave man." I keep on telling her that while she occupied the hallway with her soft sobs.

I know how hard it is for her. Ganito rin ang naramdaman ko nang namatay mismo si CJ sa harap ko. Masakit. Parang hindi mo na nga masabi kung anong klaseng sakit 'yon. You can never describe the pain and fear of losing someone dear to you.

We've been sitting outside the operating for for hours, waiting for the surgery to finish, when Dr. Salinas--Ynna's father, came out, a little worried.

"Find another resident, Nana. The other one inside's not feeling well. She needs to get out of the operating room." Her father said with an authority.

Ynna creased her forehead. "Dad, I can he--"