Part 16: Tetsuya's Past

During the early year of middle school, Tetsuya was getting use to his school. He even joined the basketball club and made it on the 1st string.

- During club activities -

Coach - Okay guys, gather around!

     As they all gathered in front of their coach and their captain, they noticed two unfamiliar faces standing besides them.

Coach: Everyone, today we're going to have 2 new members joining us. Hanamiya Makoto and Nash Gold.

     They both bowed at the rest of the team. Tetsuya was excited because the number of members increased.

     A few days had passed, Nash and Hanamiya was getting along with the others especially Tetsuya. Tetsuya was happy that he made new friends.

     But over a month later, Tetsuya notice something different about the two.

     They would insult the other team, calling them weak or useless. Some of the junior members even quit after that.

     Tetsuya felt bad for his team because they've work hard, practicing every day.

     On top of that, the two would always skip practice saying that they don't need it. That they are already strong, unlike the rest.

     Tetsuya was annoyed by their attitude and confronted them.

Tetsuya: Why are you doing this? Didn't you enjoy playing basketball with the others?

Nash: Haha! You still think that we were enjoying ourselves? Man, you guys are slow!

Hanamiya: We just thought it would be fun to fool you guys but we got bored. You guys are so weak.

Tetsuya: Don't say that! Everyone work hard during training!

Nash: Basketball is all about talent. Hard work won't pay off *smirk*

Tetsuya: People who thinks like you will never achieve anything *walks away*

Hanamiya: Tch! That brat's annoying!

Nash: Now, now. Let's have a little fun with Kuro-chan *smirk*

     After that day, Hanamiya and Nash's attitude became worst. They'd sometimes use violence during practice.

     At first they thought it was an accident but it became frequent and every time they did that, they'd just laugh.

     Tetsuya couldn't bare to see his teammates getting injured so he tried to defend them as much as possible.

     The coach or the captain didn't notice because Hanamiya and Nash always hit them at their blindspots.

     His teammates didn't say anything because they were afraid of them.

     Sometimes, Tetsuya would come home with light bruises on his arm but he just told them it was from a fall during practice. He didn't want to make his family worry.

     Hanamiya and Nash was getting more and more annoyed with Tetsuya.

Nash: Tch, this is getting boring! He keeps on getting in our way of fun.

Hanamiya: Well, if he likes to get injured that much, why don't we just give him what he wants *grin*

     And so, Tetsuya became the target of their bullying. They started to harass him even outside of practice.

     Whenever they pass each other in the hallway, they purposely bump into Tetsuya hard enough to make him fall to the ground.

     Sometimes they would drag him to an empty classroom or the back school to beat him. They would punch him him in the stomach or kick his leg but nowhere visible.