Part 20: The Emperor vs The Phantom

- The day before the match -

Tetsuya's POV

     Tomorrow is the day that I'll finally face Akashi-kun. I must win this match. I have to, in order to turn Akashi-kun back to his former self.

     During middle school, the Akashi-kun that I knew was kind and gentle. He would always call me by Kuroko.

     But that all change when he keep growing stronger. They all did.

     Even Akashi-kun's eyes changed from red-maroon to heterochromatic eyes. He even calls me Tetsuya.

     Ever since then, all he could think about is winning. No matter the cause, even if there isn't any team play or trust.

' I promise, I will bring the real Akashi-kun back '

End of POV

-Quasi Emperor Eye vs Emperor Eye-

     Since middle school, Akashi was known for his Emperor eyes. Which allows him to observe others in detail.

     Their breathing, muscle movements and their rhythm. With that, Akashi can predict other people's future movements.

     He always have the superior aura surrounding him. Which is why he's always annoyed when people look down on him.

     Tetsuya on the other hand acquire his Quasi Emperor Eye from observing his teammates.

     Unlike Akashi who can predict both his team and his opponents movements, Tetsuya can only predict his own teammates'.

     Tetsuya can predict their movements after observing his team's patterns, body language etc.

- Day of the match -

Riko: This is it, guys! Let's win the Winter Cup!

Seirin: Ohhh!!

- 1st quarter -

     During the 1st quarter, Kagami was too excited which made him go into the zone early in the game. Seirin end up with the 1st point.

     After scoring a few points which made them take the lead, Kagami's zone was getting weaker.

Aomine: ' Bakagami, you used it too early. '

     Rakuzan was about to make their comeback.

     When Tetsuya was marked by Mayuzumi, everyone was shocked when he couldn't use his misdirection.

     That's when they notice that everyone in the crowd could see Tetsuya's presence.

Tetsuki: After coming this far, people are starting to take note on Tet-chan.

Hiro: Because of that, he couldn't use his misdirection.

     But what they are more surprised is how Mayuzumi could also use misdirection.

Hyuuga: What?! He can use misdirection too!

Akashi: Mayuzumi is our phantom sixth player.

     All throughout the 1st quarter, Rakuzan manage to take the lead by 48-19 points.

- End of 1st quarter -

Riko: Kuroko, I'm gonna sub you with Hiro. You couldn't use your misdirection right now so we need to think of something.